IT Platform ManagerLocation Johnston, Rhode Island Req. Number199899 Category IT, Management, Corporate Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
The IT Platform Manager manages a team of delivery specialists working on projects of a variety of size and complexity within the Commercial portfolio. The primary focus of the IT Platform Manager is the successful continuous delivery and integration of technology solutions aligned with our customers’ needs and the organization’s stated strategy.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Understand and drive agile values, practices and principles guiding teams in support of Citizen’s Agile transformation
- Scope, plan and oversee MVPs through the entire product life cycle, ensuring delivery to time, cost and quality. This includes ensuring that the solution is capable of enabling the business to achieve continuous benefit realization.
- Create and foster a climate of adding value in delivering sprints by striving for excellence and contributing to an overall culture of continuous improvement
- Manage Change Management and allocated neighborhood/pod resources to meet delivery goals
- Establish and build relationships across Commercial platform to facilitate achievement of strategic goals
- Define sprint scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value
- Organize and lead Agile rituals and working meetings
- Prepare and distribute progress reports
- Manage risks and issues
- Correct deviations from plans and groom product backlog
- Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members.
- Support the Product Owners in managing customer expectations for sprint deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of sprint governance
- Define and manages a well-defined neighborhood/pod process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement Agile best practices.
- Promote empowerment of the team
- Ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the pod and making a meaningful contribution
- Encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team.
- 8-10 years in a Leadership role with people management responsibilities.
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects required
- A clear understanding of agile methodologies, values, and procedures.
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge of facilitation techniques, servant leadership, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills and experience in sprint & release planning
- Knowledge of banking products and terminology
- Competent use of Atlassian Jira and Microsoft Office applications to include Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- There may be a requirement for travel within the US
- Clear thinker able to work through issues and escalate only when appropriate
- Maximize the customer experience and minimize risk and cost of change
- Effective interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools including Jira, Confluence, MS Project, MS Visio, and MS Office suite.
- Superior oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- Proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development teams using Agile methodologies
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.