Human Resources Summer Internship ProgramLocation Johnston, Rhode Island Req. Number198525 Category Administration, Internships, Commercial Banking, Corporate Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
We’re developing the next generation of leaders
You have a unique opportunity to jumpstart your career through hands-on, impactful projects, comprehensive training and development, and exposure to executive leadership, paving the way for a robust career at Citizens Bank.
The Human Resources Summer Internship Program is a critical program within the HR organization for cultivating talented, young professionals who aspire to be future leaders. As part of this program, you’ll be asked to be part of something larger than yourself and participate on a journey to help colleagues reach their potential. You’ll accelerate the development of foundational communication, project management and critical thinking skills through a combination of professional development, project work, on-the-job training and business line exposures.
Experience during the program
NOTE: THIS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM BEGINS IN EARLY JUNE 2020
In this 10 – 12 week program, you will have the opportunity to gain a strong understanding of the Human Resources function at Citizens Bank. You’ll experience a variety of hands-on, impactful projects, gain exposure to senior leaders, and develop a transferable skill-set that will position you as a possible candidate for the Human Resources Associate Development Program (HRADP).
Designed for rising seniors, this program is a great way to gain experience in a specific HR Functional Area while also getting additional exposures to multiple HR functions. You may be placed in any of the following HR Functional Areas: HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Development, and HR Shared Services. During the summer, you could be working on:
- Conducting a competitor analysis to help drive future Talent Acquisition and Employer Brand Marketing related strategies
- Analyzing external market data to help support the Talent Acquisition team with market insights.
- Interpreting data and preparing materials for leadership meetings
- Conducting research and providing recommendations in areas such as colleague experience and early career development
- Driving a variety of compensation related projects such as job description preparation
- Assisting with refresh of college recruiting marketing materials and online/social media content.
As an intern in this program, you’ll also have the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities to further develop you as a professional. Throughout the summer, you’ll experience:
- 1-day Orientation with all RI based interns during your first week
- Professional development workshops (such as Business Etiquette and Communication Style)
- Bi-weekly Sr. Speaker Series with Citizens leadership
- Social activities (such as sporting events or a bank-wide intern BBQ)
- Dedicated community service activities
Near the end of the program, you’ll be given early consideration for the Human Resources Associate Development Program (HRADP).
The HRADP is a one-year full-time program, which consists of a robust onboarding and training, a structured mentorship program, and an opportunity to continue to gain relevant experience by completing 3 - 4 rotational assignments through various HR Functional Areas.
We’re looking for self-starters, intellectually curious team players, and strategic thinkers..
To be successful in this program, you’ll need to display strong skills and characteristics including: analytical and critical thinking, able to work in a change oriented and fast paced environment, communication, drive, leadership, learning agility, project management, relationship building and a strategic mindset. You will need to demonstrate knowledge of Human Resources and a strong passion for entering the HR field.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business, or other HR related major
- Expected graduation date of May 2021
- Minimum GPA of 3.25 required (3.40 +preferred)
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.