Human Resources Associate Development Program - June 2021Location Johnston, Rhode Island Req. Number206622 Category Administration, Early Careers, Corporate Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
We’re developing the next generation of leaders
You have a unique opportunity to jumpstart your career through hands-on, impactful projects, comprehensive training and development, and exposure to executive leadership, paving the way for a robust career at Citizens Bank.
The Human Resources Associate Development Program (HRADP) is a critical program within the HR organization for cultivating talented, early career professionals who aspire to be future leaders. As part of this program, you’ll be asked to be part of something larger than yourself and participate on a journey to help colleagues reach their potential. You’ll accelerate the development of foundational communication, project management and critical thinking skills through a combination of professional development, project work, on-the-job training and business line rotations.
Experience during the program
NOTE: THIS FULL-TIME PROGRAM BEGINS IN EARLY JUNE 2021
In this one year program, you will have the opportunity to gain a strong understanding of the Human Resources function at Citizens Bank as well as great insight into the inner workings of a large financial institution. You’ll begin by completing a robust onboarding and training over your first few weeks which will include overviews of human resources functions across the organization led by our HR leaders. During this time, we will match you with a mentor who will help guide you through the duration of the program.
Then, you’ll continue to gain relevant experience by completing 3 – 4 rotations which may include the following HR Functional areas: HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition Strategy, Compensation, Development, HR Shared Services and Employee Relations
During your HR rotations, you could be working on:
- Conducting a competitor analysis to help drive future Talent Acquisition and Employer Brand Marketing related strategies
- Creating a dashboard for external market data to help support the Talent Acquisition team with market insights.
- Interpreting data and preparing materials for leadership meetings
- Conducting research and providing recommendations in areas such as colleague experience and early career development
- Partnering with business lines across the organization to support integration/acquisition activities
- Driving a variety of compensation related projects such as survey participation, evaluating external market competitiveness, internal equity analyses, incentive program evaluation and annual performance review process
- Assisting with refresh of college recruiting marketing materials and online/social media content.
As an Associate in this program, you’ll also have the opportunity to participate concurrently in Early Career Development Programming (ECDP) – a robust, 4-month program designed to give our new colleagues a strong foundation of Citizens Bank. Through the ECDP, you’ll experience:
- Orientation with all bank-wide development program colleagues
- Discussions with senior leaders
- Professional development workshops (such as Agile Methodologies and Presence & Presentation)
- Networking opportunities
- Dedicated community service activities
- Strategic Challenge where you’ll work in small teams to solve for an organizational problem and present your recommendations to a panel of executives
Life after the program
Upon successful completion of the Program, graduates will be placed in a full-time role within HR. Past graduates of the HRADP have been placed in the following roles:
- HR Relationship Manager
- Employer Brand Marketing Copywriter
- Compensation Analyst
- Campus Recruiting & Early Career Analyst
Further, you’ll continue to have access to a growing community of Citizens Bank development program alums that will prove invaluable throughout your entire career journey! You may also have the opportunity to partner closely with the Program Management team on recruiting related activities as well as future program planning and design.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for self-starters, intellectually curious team players, and strategic thinkers.
To be successful in this program, you’ll need to display strong skills and characteristics including: analytical and critical thinking, able to work in a change oriented and fast paced environment, communication, drive, leadership, learning agility, project management, relationship building and a strategic mindset. You will need to demonstrate knowledge of Human Resources and a strong passion for entering the HR field.
What you’ll need to apply
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business, or other HR related major
- Expected graduation date between January 2019 and May 2021
- Minimum GPA of 3.25 required
- Internship or other relevant corporate exposure is preferred
Background qualifications include:
- Please note that U.S. Immigration sponsorship or work visa is not available for this position and candidates must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F 8:30am - 5pm
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.