Human Resources Analytics Engineer
Job ID: 23293
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Human Resource Analytics team at Citizens Bank leads the organization’s understanding of workforce insights and organizational health. We evaluate talent and culture information to make evidence-based decisions and create a stronger workplace experience. Our team uncovers holistic data-driven business opportunities across the talent lifecycle to enable transformational change and operational efficiency.
The ideal candidate is an expert at integrating business acumen with technical expertise to help leaders make decisions. The candidate can easily transition between business strategy and data development, and is a subject matter expert in data architecture. Data-driven and highly analytical, the candidate can translate data and insights into meaningful visualizations and stories to drive strategy, action, and decision-making. S/he possesses strong quantitative skills, is capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously, and can communicate effectively to a wide-ranging audience. An “outside in” perspective, high intellectual curiosity, and a consultative posture are additional important skills to possess in this role.
- Design and implement data-driven, evidence-based approaches to support delivery of people metrics, reporting, and advanced/predictive analytics.
- Use platforms, programming, and systems to establish single-source data to be leveraged across the business to support insights and improved decision-making.
- Build statistical models to help business leaders understand and act on people issues.
- Collaborate closely with HR and IT to automate data pipelines, drive self-service access, and productionalize analytics proofs of concept to surface insights in an effective and scalable manner.
- Design and implement data access and security techniques, both inside and outside of a data warehouse; write ETL scripts and manage performance issues/performance tuning.
- Apply knowledge in quantitative and qualitative analysis, as well as data visualization, to create clear and compelling narratives that inform business strategies.
- Collaborate with team members to collect business requirements, define successful analytics outcomes, and design data models.
- Design, write and maintain scalable C# code for future and existing projects.
- Analyze non-standard data types such as time-series, text, geospatial, or image data.
- Apply big data techniques to small data problems..
- Support technology transformations to the cloud.
- Mentor junior staff and provide education to increase understanding of people analytics; be a constant learner, active listener, and teacher to advance data science and people analytics in the organization.
- 5-10 years of experience in corporate setting, working with a large-scale data warehouse with workforce data AND a Master's in a quantitative field (e.g., computer science, engineering, data science, statistics/bioinformatics/biostatistics, operations research) OR 10+ years of experience in a corporate setting working with a large scale data warehouse with workforce data
- Demonstrated proficiency using ER-win or similar tools in data system design, including databases, optimal schema, marts, aggregates, and views; strong data set creation skills including the ability to combine and clean large data sets
- Experience working with multiple commercial data warehouses, involving related ETL tools (such as Informatica, DataStage, Talend, etc.) and data visualization
- Advanced skills in C# for application development; advanced skills in SQL and Excel
- Proficient in R, Python, SAS and Tableau, Microsoft Power BI (or other visualization tools)
- Expertise in in Oracle Data Integrator and Apex; expertise in data integration from HRIS systems (e.g., Oracle HCM, Workday, Saba)
- Proficiency in advanced statistical methods involving hypothesis testing, clustering, AI machine learning predictions, and text mining/NLP, high dimensional data, structured and unstructured data
- Familiarity with cloud tools like AWS, Azure, or Snowflake
- Experience with CI/CD systems, preferably with GitLab, Jenkins, or AWS Code Deploy
- Experience with NoSQL technologies (column-family, key-value or document datastores)
- Solid understanding of NoSQL technologies such as HBase, Cassandra, Redis, Memcached etc.
- Solid understanding of big data technologies such as Spark, MapReduce, YARN, Hive, Zookeeper etc.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail, problem-solving, and critical thinking
- Experience working in a cloud environment
Bachelors Degree Required or Relevant experience
Hours and Schedule:
Schedule : M-F 8-5
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Citizens we value diversity, equity and inclusion, and treat everyone with respect and professionalism. Employment decisions are based solely on experience, performance, and ability. Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies (Citizens) provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability, perceived disability or history or record of a disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
- Change Management Lead Johnston, Rhode Island; Westwood, Massachusetts; Charlotte, North Carolina; Boston, Massachusetts; Glen Allen, Virginia; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Johnston, Rhode Island, Westwood, Massachusetts, Charlotte, North Carolina, Boston, Massachusetts, Glen Allen, Virginia, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Business Banking QA QC Analyst Fort Washington, Pennsylvania; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Johnston, Rhode Island; Westwood, Massachusetts Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Johnston, Rhode Island, Westwood, Massachusetts
- Senior Enterprise Architect Johnston, Rhode Island; Phoenix, Arizona; Charlotte, North Carolina; Franklin, Tennessee; Westwood, Massachusetts Johnston, Rhode Island, Phoenix, Arizona, Charlotte, North Carolina, Franklin, Tennessee, Westwood, Massachusetts