Health and Safety Specialist
Johnston, Rhode Island; Remote
Req. Number: 225926
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
The Health and Safety Specialist will be responsible for the promotion and execution of Health and Safety (H&S) programs for Company. The primary objective is to ensure we are delivering a safe and healthful property portfolio for our colleagues, customers and vendors.
The Health and Safety Specialist plays a critical role in building a wellness and safety culture through colleague engagement, issue resolution, education and operational delivery.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Responding to issues and/or emergencies at various locations throughout the footprint
- Providing identification, guidance, and oversight of industrial hygiene issues and remediation
- Supporting Property Services staff in planning and execution of work that involves H&S related matters (asbestos remediation, mold remediation, flood abatement)
- Developing a thorough working knowledge of properties under management and any unique risks they pose
- Supporting Property Services staff in identification and resolution of facilities related issues
- Ensuring H&S work orders (both reactive and preventative) are completed in a timely manner
- Providing H&S awareness for colleagues
- Supporting Company H&S programs as required
This role requires periodic travel to locations throughout the bank’s. The chosen candidate will be required to work in the Johnston, RI, unless traveling.
Educational, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Health and Safety required
- Experience with Indoor Air Quality, Asbestos, and Mold Remediation
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- OSHA Certification -10 hr preferred
- Associate Safety Professional or Certified Safety Professional or Safety Management Specialist preferred
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:30AM – 5:00PM
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.