First Line Sr Risk Fair Lending Advisor
Johnston, Rhode Island; Westwood, Massachusetts; Glen Allen, Virginia; Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
Job ID: 29832
Full/Part Time: Full Time
As the First Line Senior Risk Advisor you will represent the first line of defense and identify and mitigate potential risks through the identification, management, and mitigation of the risk and controls environment. You will execute the first line fair lending program with respect to consumer lending products. You will serve as a liaison, interfacing with business partners to drive meaningful reductions in risk. You will provide and direct complex analysis on product and customer strategies to establish risk thresholds. While in this role, you will be responsible for proactively reviewing, analyzing, and identifying emerging risks, escalating to the Senior Director/Director of First Line Risk where appropriate. You will work with the Senior Director/Director to adhere to internal governance processes and controls for existing and new risk strategies and provide suggestion for remediation. You will lead change control efforts to ensure impacts are appropriately assessed, documented, and implemented. You will work closely with Compliance officers to ensure that your team is up to date and in compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements. You will play a key role in determining how compliance matters are handled. You will also work with the First Line Risk Manager to initiate investigations into control failures and related issues. Additionally, this role will have some oversight of pilot programs, products, and strategies. Most importantly, you’ll feel valued for who you are and supported to achieve what’s important to you, personally and professionally!
Primary responsibilities include
- Support the identification, measurement, and mitigation of material risks in the organization.
- Support various business line projects to address specific risk issues, working with business leaders to analyze and quantify risks, assess solutions or mitigation activities, and develop remediation plans.
- Implement and support internal governance processes.
- Act as a subject matter expect on fair lending laws and regulations within the first line of defense. This includes all aspects of first line risk management.
- Provide risk point of view on strategies, driving change where appropriate.
- Synthesize data and reporting; perform analysis and bring valuable business insights through evaluation of data in relation to risk and control management strategies.
- Reviews current policies and procedures to identify process gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Promote a culture of risk awareness and accountability through training, education, and risk management consultative support.
- 6+ years' experience in Risk Management, Audit, or Compliance
- Prior experience implementing and supporting enterprise-wide risk programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of fair lending laws and regulations
- Experience with Governance, Risk Management and Compliance (GRC) platforms
- Experience managing projects including planning, implementation, and reporting
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; including Excel
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Hours & Work Schedule: 3 days in the office
- Hours per Week: 40
- Work Schedule: M-F
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Citizens we value diversity, equity and inclusion, and treat everyone with respect and professionalism. Employment decisions are based solely on experience, performance, and ability. Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies (Citizens) provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability, perceived disability or history or record of a disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits