Finance and Accounting
Johnston, Rhode Island
Job ID: 29018
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Citizens Financial Group, Inc. (CFG) is one of the nation’s oldest and largest financial institutions, with $226 billion in assets as of December 31, 2022. Headquartered in Providence, Rhode Island, Citizens offers a broad range of retail and commercial banking products and services to individuals, small businesses, middle-market companies, large corporations and institutions. Citizens helps its customers reach their potential by listening to them and by understanding their needs in order to offer tailored advice, ideas and solutions.
In Commercial Banking, Citizens offers corporate and institutional clients a full range of wholesale banking products and services, including lending and deposits, capital markets, treasury services, foreign exchange and interest rate products, loan syndications and trading.
The Finance Analyst role is responsible for providing analytical and financial support across all geographic markets of the Corporate Banking and Corporate Finance business segments, affording visibility to a wide group of senior business leaders. The position will work closely with Senior Finance Managers to track and report key financial trends and performance metrics to inform monthly earnings forecasts, as well as annual updates to the operating budget and strategic plan for each business. Experience in this role will allow the incumbent to develop solid financial and business acumen, providing potential for growth into a Finance Manager role in the future.
Primary responsibilities include
- Support the financial close process by coordinating with operational areas to post entries necessary to accurately reflect monthly financial results.
- Create monthly financial performance reports which compare results to forecast and budget; a key deliverable is insightful variance commentary that highlights variances differences at the driver level and which also delineates revenue variances by volume, mix and pricing.
- Support balance sheet optimization efforts to achieve the proper balance between growth, liquidity, risk, pricing and returns. Identifying and tracking opportunities to redeploy capital is an important component of this effort.
- Update and submit monthly earnings forecasts for the business by incorporating anticipated new business pipeline opportunities and pricing, projected run-off from the back-book and investments in the business.
- Participate in the annual budget and strategic planning processes for the business; create and update financial models and reporting which document key assumptions and reflect the input of line of business leadership.
- 2+ years experience in financial analysis, reporting or accounting
- Solid analytical and financial modeling skills
- Ability to synthesize key performance metrics / drivers from large data sets
- Good communication skills and ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders
- Attention to detail and capable of managing multiple deliverables
- High level of proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or related field required
Hours & Work Schedule
- Hours per Week: 40
- Work Schedule: Hybrid - in office 3 days per week
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Citizens we value diversity, equity and inclusion, and treat everyone with respect and professionalism. Employment decisions are based solely on experience, performance, and ability. Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies (Citizens) provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability, perceived disability or history or record of a disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
- HM Loan Officer Assistant Albany, New York; Remote Albany, New York, Remote
- Citizens Banker Fayetteville, New York Fayetteville, New York
- Credit Risk Manager II Johnston, Rhode Island; Shelton, Connecticut; Westwood, Massachusetts Johnston, Rhode Island, Shelton, Connecticut, Westwood, Massachusetts