Finance Accounting Corporate Training (FACT) Program - June 2021Location Johnston, Rhode Island Req. Number206621 Category Finance and Accounting, Early Careers, Corporate Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
We’re developing the next generation of leaders
You have a unique opportunity to jumpstart your career through hands-on, impactful projects, comprehensive training and development, and exposure to executive leadership, paving the way for a robust career at Citizens Bank.
The FACT Program is a critical program within the Corporate Finance Department for cultivating talented, young professionals who aspire to be future leaders. As part of this program, you have the exciting opportunity to experience multiple disciplines within finance and accounting to determine which one best fits your skillset. You’ll accelerate the development of your financial analysis, accounting principles, and excel knowledge to develop you into a well-rounded and contributing member of the Corporate Finance team.
Experience during the program
NOTE: THIS FULL-TIME PROGRAM BEGINS IN EARLY JUNE 2021
In this 12 – 18 month program, you will have the opportunity to gain a strong understanding of the Corporate Finance Division at Citizens Bank as well as great insight into the inner workings of a large financial institution. You’ll begin by completing 2-weeks of onboarding and training hosted by the prior FACT class alums which includes team building and social activities as wells as overviews of the different areas of corporate finance led by our senior finance leaders. During this time you will also have the opportunity to network with past FACT alums who can serve as mentors to help guide you through the duration of the program.
Then, you’ll continue to gain relevant experience by completing business line rotations in three of the following corporate finance teams: Commercial Banking Finance, Consumer Banking Finance, Business Services Finance, Corporate Accounting, Corporate Tax, Treasury, Transformation and Corporate Strategy.During your business line rotations, you could be working on:
- Financial budgeting, forecasting, and comprehensive financial reporting, including the board of directors report and the quarterly earnings report
- Maintain, analyze and interpret data to develop a working knowledge of financial information and present key finding to finance managers and senior leaders
- Preparation and analysis of financial statements for a $180 billion banking organization
- Test, review and report on internal controls of the accounting and reporting departments
- Preparation of Tax Returns and Personal Property Tax declarations.
- Preparation of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, estimated tax payments and extension payments.
- Financial management for a variety of consumer lending portfolios (i.e. student and auto)
- Base and stress forecasting production
- Deepening research skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and relevant data sources ex. SNL Financial
Note: this program is based in Johnston, RI with some potential business line rotations based in other Providence, RI area offices.
As an Associate in this program, you’ll also have the opportunity to participate concurrently in Early Career Development Programming (ECDP) – a robust, 4-month program designed to give our new colleagues a strong foundation of Citizens Bank. Through the ECDP, you’ll experience:
- 2-day Orientation with all bank-wide development program colleagues
- Professional development workshops (such as Agile Methodologies and Presence & Presentation)
- Customer and client site visits
- Networking opportunities with senior leadership
- Dedicated community service activities
- Strategic Challenge where you’ll work in small teams to solve for an organizational problem and present your recommendations to a panel of executives
Life after the program
Upon successful completion of the Program, graduates will be placed on a Corporate Finance team as a Financial Analyst. Past graduates of the FACT Program have been placed in Commercial Banking Finance, Consumer Banking Finance, Business Services Finance, Capital Planning, Corporate Strategy, Corporate Accounting, Corporate Tax and Treasury.
Further, you’ll continue to have access to a growing community of Citizens Bank development program alums that will prove invaluable throughout your career journey! You may also have the opportunity to partner closely with the Program Management team on recruiting related activities as well as future program planning and design.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for self-starters, team players, and strategic thinkers.
To be successful in this program, you’ll need to display strong skills and characteristics including: analytical and critical thinking, communication, data analysis, detail-oriented, initiative, interpersonal, leadership, learning agility, project management, relationship building, strategic mindset, and time management.
What you’ll need to apply
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics or other business/analytical related degree
- Expected graduation date of December 2020 or May 2021
- Minimum GPA of 3.00 required
- Internship or other relevant corporate exposure is highly preferred
Background qualifications include:
- Please note that U.S. Immigration sponsorship or work visa is not available for this position and candidates must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F 8:30am - 5pm
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.