Director of Lending Experience
Marketing, Digital Experience, and Communications, Product Support
Johnston, Rhode Island; Westwood, Massachusetts; Charlotte, North Carolina; Irving, Texas; Delaware; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Remote
Req. Number: 227206
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
Citizens Consumer Lending’s mission has long been delivering the simplest, fastest, most hassle-free banking experience in the US!
We are looking to take our lending experiences to the next level!
The Director of Lending Experience will be responsible for leading a team of Experience Owners (Product Owners) that are on the forefront of delivering new lending experiences and platforms for some products while enhancing experiences for others. The Director will be the leader of a team on the forefront of innovation delivering outstanding experiences for customers while driving sound performance for the bank. The role will require strong leadership and collaboration with technology, experience design, digital sales, operations, marketing and servicing teams with a focus on a digital first experiences from application to servicing.
You will be responsible for the development of product roadmaps and capabilities to support business and customer needs. Using agile methodologies and partnering across the organization you'll drive the continued transformation from a project-based to a product-based organization focused on improving the value of the customer experience.
The Director will be responsible to lead their team by using a collaborative approach and “digital-first” mentality to help build and implement innovative solutions. You'll work side by side with like minded colleagues to cultivate an agile approach across product teams to drive optimal team performance.
Finally, this colleague will identify trends in the external marketplace to ensure adoption of the product, and that the product is designed with the customer in mind. In collaboration with the internal partners, will also co-develop the roadmap for continuous growth and improvement of product outcomes and customer experience.
Translate strategy into concrete tasks, and interact with cross-functional groups to ensure execution on those requirements. Create, prioritize and refine backlog along with Experience Owners (Product Owners) to deliver the most valuable work first, while ensuring technical integrity of all features or components. Frequently review and analyze metrics and results to update to essential team members on progress against product roadmap.
Ensure Experience Owners (Product Owners) collaborate with operations, sales, training, legal/risk/compliance, and product team(s) to ensure all requirements are met and are considering the needs of the business. Proactively drive and facilitate team continuous discussion of innovative ways to improve products and services. Set ambitious and clear product vision, strategy, and Objectives and Key Results aligned to metrics; communicate to partners, the team, and the rest of the unit.
- Serve as key leader of agile team(s):
- Empower experience owners to continuously learn and a grow.
- Breakdown product strategies in to roadmaps and clearly defined goals.
- Support an agile mindset as we transition to a more customer-obsessed organization. Provide oversight to ensure alignment with agile/scrum practices. Participate in scrum of scrums ceremony aiding in impediment removal and owning applicable tasks.
- Connect with pod members on performance, and work with the Agile Coach and Scrum Masters to evaluate the performance of Pods and their members.
- 10+ years of experience in financial services across product development, UI design, bank operations and credit risk
- Experience with Consumer Lending strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of agile approaches as well as design thinking and front –to-back process reengineering and automation.
- Extensive experience providing technical solutions to functional challenges.
- Consistently applies current procedures and technologies to resolve business issues.
- Substantial knowledgebase of relevant products/services which is broad, current and technology focused.
- Ability to link and synthesize data and research across the business and external market to drive product development and enable digitization.
- Coaching and leading teams on the advanced use of requirements analysis tools and services, including prototyping and use-cases.
- Experience leading teams to produce detailed functional and information requirements and documentation, including significant story telling expertise to ensure impact and agreement.
- Focus on the Customer (customer orientation)
- Unlock Potential (management development)
- Drive Outcomes (execution)
- Technical Excellence / Products & Services (extensive and current knowledge of relevant product(s))
- Agile Methodologies
- Requirements Analysis (e.g., design thinking)
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.