Data Scientist InternLocation Johnston, Rhode Island Req. Number198329 Category Digital Technology, Administration, Internships, Commercial Banking, Corporate Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
We’re developing the next generation of data scientists
The banking industry is evolving rapidly and dramatically, driven by customer demands for great experiences, simple solutions, and innovative ideas. Join us as we look to enhance the customer and colleague experience by harnessing the power of data and advanced analytics.
Experience during the program
NOTE: THIS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM BEGINS IN EARLY JUNE 2020
The Data Scientist Intern is responsible for assembling, managing, and investigating data to be used for various analytical purposes including developing insights, optimizing investment spend, identifying new marketing opportunities, and providing strategic direction to senior management. This full-time position allows a student to work within a big data business environment and leverage that environment to support development of models, insights, and data intelligence that drive retention/growth programs and optimization of a variety of bank functions, including origination, servicing and account management, operations, underwriting, risk, etc.
Please note: this internship will be based in Johnston, RI.
Tasks can include:
- Investigating/mining new data streams to assess utility and ability to connect to existing environment
- Maintaining and executing programs to merge/assemble data for analytic uses
- Researching growing market trends and mine the Citizens data intelligence to develop new insights that can guide the strategic direction of the Citizens Bank lines of business
- Documenting and communicating technical/analytic results for a non-technical audience
What you’ll need to apply
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Applied Math, Data Analytics or related
- Pursuing a Masters degree from Brown University with an expected graduation date of December 2020 or May 2021
- Statistical programming experience with variety of data/analytic software languages/tools (e.g., SQL, SAS, R, Splus, etc.)
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with colleagues who have a background in statistics, database development/maintenance, and information technology
- Knowledge of a variety of statistical concepts and procedures, such as: generalized linear models, experimental design, stochastic processes, response surface methodology, and statistical graphics
- Ability to understand, prepare, and present statistical results
- Strong programming skills and ability to utilize a variety of data/analytic software languages/tools (e.g., SQL, SAS, R, etc.)
- Full-time 40 hours/week in summer and breaks; flexible during school year
Key Success Factors:
- Eagerness to learn about a big data environment within a large, retail bank
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.