Data EngineerLocation Johnston, Rhode Island Job ID/ Req. Number194346 Category Digital Technology Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
Enterprise Data Office is looking for Data Engineers with a winning track record in building high performing data and analytical solutions that transform, integrate and meet various data demands from business. He/she will be responsible for building data products which involves architecture, design, build, test, and support data integration projects as well as serve as a core member in the Agile team that leads user story analysis and elaboration.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Strong contributor in implementing data integration architecture and solutions.
- Conduct source system/data analysis and data profiling.
- Build robust data pipelines to collect, process and compute different metrics from various financial sources, adhering to quality and development standards.
- Design application architecture / technical design and articulate the data pipeline solutions to team members.
- Data mapping from source to target and define transformation rules that meet the models created by Data Architects. Collaborate with cross functional team members as necessary and come up with optimal solutions that meet data demands.
- Execute unit test of data populated in target data container, validate expected result and ensure quality & accuracy. Coordinate with business users for User Acceptance Test and with Operations team for code deployment to upper environments.
- Follow change management team stipulations on path to production requirements and strictly adhere to the compliance and regulatory needs.
- Hands on experience in building data solutions in big data / cloud platforms.
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Hive, PIG, Hbase, Hiveql etc.)
- Experienced in ETL/ELT tools such as Datastage, Informatica, and Sqoop as well as building/enhancing ETL framework.
- RDBMS experience in either of Teradata, Oracle, MS-SQL, DB2, RedShift, Snowflakes, etc.
- Scripting language (shell scripting, SQL, PL/SQL, Python, Java , Spark, Scala)
- Experience with AWS cloud native services such as S3, RDS, Glu, Athena, etc.
- Worked with any of the scheduling tools (Autosys, Tidal, Oozie)
- SCM tool such as Bitbucket with Jira, Starteam or SVN.
- Experience working with various operating systems (Windows, Unix/Linux, IBM Mainframe)
- Strong communicator and collaborator with attention to details.
- Data engineering experience for Data science projects where Machine learning is used (R, SAS, etc.)
- Experience in the financial services industry, especially banking.
- Business Intelligence/Reporting development experience using tools such as Tableau, Cognos, SAS, etc.
- Code commits to any Open source data tools.
- Exeprience with handling structured, semi-structured and unstructured data.
Educational, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- University degree in Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science
- 5+ years of professional work experience as described above.
- BigData technology / AWS /Agile certifications.
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M - F 1st Shift
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.