Credit Risk Sr Professional
Remote, Finance and Accounting
Johnston, Rhode Island; Westwood, Massachusetts; Bridgeport, Connecticut; Remote
Req. Number: 224639
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
The Credit Risk Sr Professional of Reporting & Analytics will be a key member of the Credit Risk Reporting team responsible for developing and executing reporting and advanced analytics to adequately monitor the credit performance of the Residential Mortgage and Home Equity portfolios. This position is specifically accountable for ensuring asset quality reporting adequately monitors key risk drivers, high-risk segments, layered risks, KPIs, and overall credit quality and performance while effectively identifying emerging risks and opportunities. This role will report directly to the Head of Reporting & Analytics within Residential Lending.
The position requires exceptional analytical & quantitative skills to produce statistically sound analysis to support data-driven outcomes and decisions that lead to sound portfolio credit risk management effectiveness. In addition, this role requires knowledge of Mortgage and Equity products specifically through the lens of best-in-class credit risk management practices & techniques. The candidate must have proven success, experience, and comfort working in face paced results-driven culture.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the end-to-end development and implementation of portfolio management monitoring routines spanning Originations to Default to OREO Management for internal, external, and executive stakeholders.
- Continuously evolve Asset Quality Reporting to ensure it remains relevant and adequately responsive to changes in business strategy and changes in economic conditions.
- Draw meaningful insight from analysis to prepare & present materials for business line reviews and product board meetings that deliver strategic recommendations focused on continuous policy optimization.
- Provide Head of Reporting & Analytics and the broader business community with relevant and material credit risk updates on portfolio performance and emerging risks/trends with actionable proposed outcomes.
- Ensure portfolio performance remains within acceptable risk appetite while demonstrating returns are commensurate with higher risk segments.
- Responsible for reporting and monitoring risk appetite framework – providing breach commentary and actions to remediate breaches. In addition, responsible for ensuring risk appetite remains relevant by supporting annual recalibration efforts.
- Identify high risk & layered risk segments and ensure performance remains within acceptable risk tolerance while also ensuring segments are priced appropriately for the risks.
- Leverage advanced analytical techniques to solve complex business challenges while maintaining a pro-business mindset.
- 5+ years of Consumer Lending experience – ideally aligned with Residential Mortgage/Equity lending
- 3+ years Quantitative Skills – ability to develop and implement effective portfolio management routines that monitor KPIs, benchmark performance vs. peers, and identify emerging trends
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a quantitative role utilizing statistical programing languages – SAS preferred, R, or Python
- Ability to drive actionable outcomes from analytical insight and effectively communicate findings and recommendations to business leadership
- Exceptional problem-solving acumen with ability to think strategically
- Time Management – ability to prioritize competing assignments and thrive in a fast-paced results orientated environment
Educational, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative discipline required (Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, etc.)
- Masters in a quantitative discipline or MBA desired but not required
*This position is not available in Colorado.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.