Consumer Financial Services Legal Recovery Manager
Johnston, Rhode Island, United States
One Citizens Bank Way
Req. Number: 216111
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
If you are looking for a job that uses leadership skills as well as focuses on financial deliverables, join our team as the Consumer Financial Services Legal Recovery Manager.
In this role you will be responsible for leading a national network of law firms and collection agencies spanning the full process of litigation from pre-legal services through service of process, litigation, settlement, and post judgment activities. You will also be responsible for managing all aspects of the bank’s internal and external legal efforts. You will have oversight of a collections and recovery portfolio that includes a variety of consumer products including auto, private student loan, credit card, deposit accounts, and unsecured loans.
- Analyzes and make recommendations to improve productivity while maintaining established goals. Prepares performance reporting for senior management showing the performance of the litigation workstream as well as the performance of the vendors themselves. Researches and resolves operational issues. Responsible for the professional development of the team. Clearly states expectations of excellence in customer service including setting ambitious and measurable goals for employees and the attorney vendor network.
- Process/Continuous Improvement: Identify and respond to ideas for process improvement from team members; facilitate and undertake capitalized continuous improvement activities. Develop score cards to monitor performance.
- Risk Management: Identify and handle risk, minimizing the outcome and escalating where appropriate.
- Team Development: Build, plan, and implement activities that will support the development of team members.
- Performance management: Ensure team meets agreed upon service levels; mentor and develop staff. Review and follow-up with each individual’s performance to ensure they meet their specific objectives, and that they have the right knowledge, skills and behaviors.
- Vendor selection: Oversee selection of partners and sub-contractors.
- Partner relationship management: lead and run a cross-functional team of internal and external resources including direct and indirect reports.
- Complete affidavits, document requests, signature requests, and court appearances.
- Measure the performance and handle the relationships between Citizens and its network of attorney vendors.
- Hold performance discussions with the vendor network and hold vendors accountable to expectations.
- Assist in crafting and implementing recovery strategies across our legal vendors.
- 5+ Year of Customer Service Experience/Collections experience with an emphasis on Consumer Products.
- 3 years of experience managing collections and/or law firms.
- Prior legal experience and a proven understanding of legal processes is preferred.
- Excellent phone communication, listening and negotiating skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle daily workload.
- Consistent track record of working in a team atmosphere in a fast paced and fun environment.
- Computer proficiency and acumen.
- Self motivated attitude with a desire to succeed.
- Ability to provide mentorship and feedback to colleagues at all levels.
- Proven track record of driving positive financial results.
High School or Equivalent required; BS Preferred
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8-5
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.