Compliance Testing Sr ManagerLocation Johnston, Rhode Island Req. Number214584 Category Risk Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
The Compliance Assurance function is responsible for providing independent assurance regarding the adequacy, effectiveness, and sustainability of regulatory risk management and control processes to ensure regulatory, customer, and reputational risks are sufficiently mitigated. The Compliance Senior Manager’s primary responsibility is to plan, lead, and deliver assigned assurance reviews and/or audits of consumer and commercial business units and/or thematic regulatory compliance programs. Role holders are expected to foster proactive and professional relationships with business units and provide robust and challenging insight on business risk and control processes.
The Compliance Senior Manager role within the Compliance Assurance function will be responsible for the following:
- Establish appropriate risk-based review objectives, scope and testing strategies to assess adequacy and effectiveness of business unit compliance programs and controls
- Conduct ‘walk through’ interviews with key business unit individuals to identify and document key processes, risks, and controls
- Plan, delegate and oversee execution of review assignments in accordance with established timelines.
- Schedule recurring updates with key stakeholders throughout the review to present potential issues or constraints and to ensure timely and transparent discussion
- Ensure sound conclusions are reached for review objectives in accordance with regulatory requirements and expectations
- Engage business line management relative to review findings and issues to influence necessary change and ensure adequacy of corrective actions/plans
- Develop final report of review results and conduct final exit meetings with business line management.
- Analyze available data analytics and perform ongoing monitoring of assigned business units to identify areas of emerging or increased risk
- Implement ongoing oversight of Compliance Assurance raised issues to ensure adequate, effective, and sustainable resolution by the issue owner(s)
- 5 + years previous experience in regulatory compliance risk management, compliance audit, or similar role
- Consumer Compliance experience preferred (e.g. mortgage lending, consumer lending, retail banking and distribution, etc.)
- Professional certification or license in regulatory compliance or internal audit preferred (e.g. Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager, Certified Internal Auditor)
- Strong regulatory knowledge (especially regarding consumer lending and/or consumer deposit regulations), understanding of business lines and risk management skills
- Leadership skills to provide guidance to management and team members
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with all levels of management, and with team members
- Demonstrated teamwork and excellent organizational and computer skills.
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelors Degree required
Hours and Work Schedule -
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
"Hybrid work schedule available"
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.