Johnston, Rhode Island; Westwood, Massachusetts; Iselin, New Jersey
Job ID: 229946
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Compliance Assurance function is responsible for providing independent assurance regarding the adequacy, effectiveness, and sustainability of regulatory risk management and control processes to ensure regulatory, customer, and reputational risks are sufficiently mitigated. The Compliance Manager is an individual contributor whose primary responsibility is to assist in the planning and delivery of compliance reviews and/or audits of consumer and commercial business units and/or thematic regulatory compliance programs. Role holders are expected to foster proactive and professional relationships with business units and provide robust and challenging insight on business risk and control processes.
The Compliance Manager role within the Compliance Assurance function will be responsible for the following:
- Support review planning activities to ensure development of appropriate risk-based review objectives, scope and testing strategies to assess adequacy and effectiveness of business unit compliance programs and controls
- Conduct ‘walk through’ interviews with key business unit individuals to identify and document key processes, risks, and controls
- Design and execute detailed testing approaches for review assignments within established timelines
- Clearly communicate with the review lead and key stakeholders throughout the review to present potential issues or constraints and to ensure timely and transparent discussion
- Synthesize testing results into meaningful outcomes and ensure sound conclusions are reached for assigned review objectives in accordance with regulatory requirements and expectations
- Engage business line management relative to review findings and issues to influence necessary change and ensure adequacy of corrective actions/plans
- Analyze available data analytics and perform ongoing monitoring of assigned business units to identify areas of emerging or increased risk
- Implement ongoing oversight of Compliance Assurance raised issues to ensure adequate, effective, and sustainable resolution by the issue owner(s)
- 5 + years previous experience in regulatory compliance risk management, compliance audit, or similar role; experience with Commercial, Captial Markets, or Wealth business areas is preferred
- Ability to work independently while also collaborating with the review team
- Strong regulatory knowledge, understanding of business lines and risk management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with all levels of management, and with team members
- Demonstrated teamwork and excellent organizational and computer skills
- Professional certification or license in regulatory compliance or internal audit preferred (e.g. Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager, Certified Internal Auditor)
- Bachelor's Degree required
Hours and Work Schedule: 3 days in the office, 2 remote
Hours per Week:40
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.
- CSI Investment Assistant Boston, Massachusetts; Columbus, Ohio; Monroeville, Pennsylvania; East Naples, Florida Boston, Massachusetts, Columbus, Ohio, Monroeville, Pennsylvania, East Naples, Florida
- CSI Investment Assistant East Naples, Florida; Boston, Massachusetts; Columbus, Ohio; Monroeville, Pennsylvania East Naples, Florida, Boston, Massachusetts, Columbus, Ohio, Monroeville, Pennsylvania
- Citizens Branch Manager II Niantic, Connecticut; Groton, Connecticut; New London, Connecticut; Waterford, Connecticut Niantic, Connecticut, Groton, Connecticut, New London, Connecticut, Waterford, Connecticut