Business Banking SBA Sales Specialist II
Johnston, Rhode Island; North Carolina; Remote
Req. Number: 223367
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
Citizens is currently searching for an SBA Sales Specialist to join our Business Banking Team. The SBA Sales Specialist is responsible for SBA 504 and 7a loans, for business clients with $0-25 million in sales. You will play a leading role in building collaborative relationships with our internal partners across Business Banking, while delivering an exceptional customer experience designed to grow the Bank’s SBA loan portfolio.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Providing primarily phone based marketing and sales and closing support to Business Banking Relationship Managers across a large geographic territory who are providing SBA loan financing to their customers and prospects.
• Direct calling on third party groups (CDCs, CDAs and other government agencies) throughout assigned geographic markets in a direct effort to develop credit enhanced loan leads.
• Working with internal partners to assist in structuring, presenting, and guiding lending opportunities through the application, underwriting, and closing process to ensure that all SBA requirements are met.
• Maintaining and applying a thorough understanding of bank credit policy and underwriting guidelines while working with Business Credit Services and operations to practice sound risk management and adherence to applicable regulatory requirements.
• Facilitation and coordination of a timely and efficient loan processing and closing by pre-screening for program eligibility, and ensuring the completion and submission of all Day 1 loan package and underwriting requirements.
• Ability to manage and prioritize a large number of transactions to meet approval and closing deadlines.
7+ years of financial services industry experience.
5+ years in commercial lending with expertise in the use and application of the SBA 7(a) loan program.
Thorough knowledge and understanding of SBA Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), program eligibility, credit criteria and loan structure requirements.
Experience in a high volume phone based sales and support role.
Professional organizational, interpersonal and communication skills - both written and verbal.
Proficient in MS Office applications and familiarity with the Salesforce CRM Platform.
- BS / BA Degree or Higher in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related disciplines.
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F 8-5
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.