Business Banking Underwriter/Portfolio Mgr III
Iselin, New Jersey
Req. Number: 225886
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
The Underwriter position is responsible for reviewing, underwriting and decisioning within delegated lending authority, loan requests under credit policy. Underwriting and decisioning should be based on sound credit with particular emphasis on adherence to credit policy and requirements, bank’s risk culture, financial analysis/modeling, risk evaluation and mitigation and proper loan structuring.
- Underwrite business credit applications independently using sound judgment
- Make decisions while adhering to the Business Banking Credit Policy
- Review all underwriting criteria, collateral, interest rate, fees and specific due diligence required for final approval
- Analyze external personal credit and business credit bureau reports and scores for the business and guarantors and all associated deposit accounts
- Identify areas of risk beyond acceptable set levels
- Work with Business Banking Operations Closing to move approved applications through the process for quick closings
- Bachelors Degree preferable in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 10+ years of credit underwriting and/or portfolio management experience
- Formal credit training preferred
- Job location - flexible with a balance between in the office and remote
Hours & Work Schedule
- Hours per Week: 40
- Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30AM-5:00PM
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.
- Citizens Banker Elkins Park Gardens, Pennsylvania Elkins Park Gardens, Pennsylvania
- Citizens Teller New London, Connecticut; Old Lyme, Connecticut; Westbrook Center, Connecticut New London, Connecticut, Old Lyme, Connecticut, Westbrook Center, Connecticut
- CSI Principal Control Anlyst Johnston, Rhode Island Johnston, Rhode Island