Home Mortgage Wholesale Underwriting SpecialistLocation Irving, Texas Job ID/ Req. Number195443 Category Operations Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
The Underwriting Specialist is assigned to and supports a specific Underwriter(s). Their role encompasses the preparation of loans assigned to their Underwriter along with the accumulation and organization of incoming loan conditions. This person serves as a primary contact for the customer (Broker). Their ability to organize and effectively communicate orally and in writing is essential to the position.
- Primary contact for Brokers
- Prepare new loans to be Underwritten for their assigned Underwriters
- Respond to emails and phone calls from Brokers and Account Executives in a timely manner.
- Organize incoming conditions for Underwriter review
- Communicate missing conditions to the Broker
- 2+ years residential mortgage lending experience
- Knowledge of mortgage documents and processing
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Work effectively in a fast pace environment with low tolerance for error
- Work outside of the standard business day may be required
- Professional dress and demeanor
- Must demonstrate commitment, dependability and respect for other employees with regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agree upon schedule
- Must be able to adapt to shifting priorities and tasks requiring average mental dexterity
- Able to problem solve by assessing and identifying causes, gathering relevant information and generate possible solutions
- Able to cope with stress of a high production position and meet stringent deadlines for completing tasks
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.