Appraisal Analyst ILocation Irving, Texas Req. Number211039-1 Category Risk Management, Compliance Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
The Appraisal Analyst I will be a contributing member of the Collateral Risk Management Team. In this role you will make decisions on collateral as a function of the Bank’s due diligence, as it pertains to risk exposure on residential real estate. The Analyst I will ensure that the Bank receives regulatory-compliant appraisals and evaluations that are in sync with corporate policy and standards, Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP), secondary market guidelines as well as document the results.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Conduct reviews of appraisals and other valuation products, by approving or declining the reports. This will include Owner occupied or Tenant Occupied, Single Family, Condos and PUD units with a loan amount of $0- $1,000,000.
- Maintain daily and monthly goals set by Sr. Management.
- Escalate any quality or service to the Collateral Investigation Unit or Sr. Management.
- Communicate with Appraisal Vendors to obtain clarification and additional supporting explanations and/or data as deemed necessary.
- Analyzes the reasonableness of the appraisals to confirm reported value is supported for financing purposes while evaluating report completion methodology.
- Adheres to bank policies and procedures and complies with legal and regulatory requirements including appraisal industry’s concepts and practices.
- Perform other responsibilities as directed by the Team Leader or other Sr. Management.
- 2-4 years recent experience understanding Real Estate Appraisal Analysis as either a Processer or an Underwriter.
- Knowledge of real property terms, types of ownership in real estate, deeds, mortgages, etc.
- Ability to recognize deficiencies in appraisals and evaluation reports.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Can work effectively in a team environment but also a self-starter able to work independently
- Effectively manage multiple deadlines and projects.
- Good Analytical/Math skills
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency
- Familiarity with secondary market collateral guidelines
Associate Degree preferred; concentration in Business, Real Estate, Finance or equivalent work experience.
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours Per Week: 40
Work Schedule: 8:30am – 5:30pm, Monday - Friday
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran