Home Mortgage Closing Specialist
Glen Allen, Virginia, United States
10561 Telegraph Rd
Req. Number: 214624
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
The incumbent completes a variety of regulatory and clerical tasks to support Processing, Closing and Underwriting functions including but not limited to preparing and completing disclosure packages, completing appraisal requests, flood reviews, forwarding and monitoring receipt of title reviews, complete verification of employment, obtain homeowner’s insurance, index documentation, data enter loan information (if applicable), faxing and following up on documentation if needed.
- Adherence to regulatory and bank guidelines and department standards is required.
- Review submitted documentation to ensure compliance with bank requirements.
- Access websites as needed.
- Follow up on documentation issues with customers.
- Complete review within department standards.
- Able to process all mortgage or home equity products efficiently.
- Enter clear and concise comments, edit information, and document application.
- Communicate professionally in oral and written format with internal and external customers regarding status requests, missing information, and/or explanation of required documentation.
- Basic knowledge of secondary market/lending programs and guidelines with the ability to apply bank, state and federal regulations to ensure compliance (Fair Lending, Reg B., etc).
- Meet or exceed department productivity and quality standards within department turn-time standards.
- 3-5 years of Home Mortgage Closing Experience
- Knowledge of TRID
- familiar with cost to cure when it comes to VCC (valid change circumstance)
- PC skills 2-3 years proficient in PC skills
- Office Experience 2-3 years of work experience in either an office or retail environment
- Banking or mortgage experience 2-3 years knowledge of DTI and LTV ratios with ability to decipher loan documentation and related reports and/or websites
- Customer Service 2-3 years experience in oral and written communication with internal and external customers
- High School or Equivalent (GED) Required
- Associate/Bachelor Degree Preferred
- Time management and ability to meet deadlines is critical to this position
- Attention to detail and organizational skills are required
- Requires work in a fast pace environment with the ability to multitask
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.