Home Mortgage Business Systems AnalystLocation Glen Allen, Virginia Req. Number206790 Category IT, Corporate Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
The Business Systems Analyst will serve as a member of the Agile Pod responsible for supporting Mortgage Default Operations of Citizens Bank. The BSA acts as the primary interface between technology infrastructure and specific Default functional areas such as Collections, Loss Mitigation, Foreclosure, Bankruptcy, Property Preservation, and REO. Incumbents coordinate and support the investigation, documentation, tactical development/maintenance of functional specifications for systems and applications, and potential re-engineering of end-to-end workflows. They will be responsible for identifying potential automation opportunities, gathering business unit requirements, creating project and process specifications, implementation testing, and coordinating with pod members to ensure that Sprint releases are on schedule and within budget.
- Effectively and efficiently engage with key stakeholders and business area managers to evaluate current workflows and work-streams, formulate and define system scope and objectives which further assist in automating functions and streamlining operations
- Work with Agile Team to identify and document risks, issues, dependencies, assumptions in accordance with project standards, and areas of opportunity to create efficiencies through research and fact finding
- Present process improvement options and recommendations of a complex nature to business area managers and stakeholders based on understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements
- Liaise with business area subject matter experts, software vendors, internal technical resources, and shared services partners to design, test, and deliver system functionality to support business needs while continually improving customer experience
- Provide technical expertise to support training, documentation, organizational communications, departmental planning, budgeting, etc.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and reporting
- Appropriately document functional and/or technical specifications as required and consistent with company and regulatory standards
- Define and support processes for newly developed applications, tools, and enhancements
- Manage system configuration / system settings processes to ensure fulfillment of business requirements and/or applicable application requirements
- Manage assigned project tasks consistent with project directives
- Minimum 4 years of previous experience as a Business Systems Analyst (including technical/requirements development)
- Advanced understanding of business and business systems analysis including elicitation, problem analysis, requirements specification, modeling and business process analysis
- Knowledge of MSP
- Competent use of Microsoft Office applications to include Microsoft Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Word
- Broad and expert technical knowledge with an ability to effectively communicate with non-technical stakeholders to report on project opportunities and progress
- Strong ability to objectively evaluate a process and recommend a better way to deliver for our customers
- Experience documenting processes and procedures and translating them into workflows
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of management and leadership
- Self-thinker able to work through issues and escalate only when appropriate
- Basic understanding of project management techniques and methodologies
- Knowledge, skills & abilities that typically lead to success in the job include: Strategic thinking Communication
- Project management
- Change management
- Data analysis
- Technical/Functional expertise
- Problem solving Solution architecture
- Business systems maintenance
- IT relationship management
- Prior experience working in Mortgage Default
Education/Certifications: Bachelor’s Degree or 4+ years of applicable experience preferred
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F 8:00-5:00
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.