Home Mortgage Bankruptcy Specialist
Glen Allen, Virginia
Job ID: 24078
Full/Part Time: Full Time
[9:21 AM] Pagano, Sandie E
Our Default Servicing team engages, understands and advises consumer real estate customers of available solutions to resolve mortgage delinquencies.
The Bankruptcy Specialist position encompasses the following Responsibilities:
- Responsible for a group of high level risk bankrupt accounts and applying Bankruptcy Code requirements to those accounts
- May be responsible for high level account analysis based on Bankruptcy Code
- May be responsible for setting up loans in the Bankruptcy Workstation, reviewing and distributing mail, and sorting checks.
- May negotiate with attorneys and/or debtors where permissible
- May work directly with court personnel
- May work directly with Legal Department and Network Counsel
- May work or represent department on special projects
- May provide direction to less experienced staff including specialists and assistants
- 3+ years of financial industry experience including 2+ years of bankruptcy experience that includes:
- Preparation of Proofs of Claim
- Review and Referral of Motions for Relief
- Knowledge of Bankruptcy Chapters 7, 11, 12 and 13
- Knowledge of MSP and EMSP
- Familiarity with Payment Change and Post Petition Fee and Cost Notices
- Knowledge of Cramdowns and Lien Strips
- Familiarity with the Lexus Nexus Report(Banko)
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to achieve high production and quality standards
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Ability to manage a pipeline of work from assignment to completion
- Strong telephone etiquette skills
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles: general ledger reconciliation
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: 8:00AM-5:00PM
This is a hybrid role, in the office 3 days a week.
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Citizens we value diversity, equity and inclusion, and treat everyone with respect and professionalism. Employment decisions are based solely on experience, performance, and ability. Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies (Citizens) provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability, perceived disability or history or record of a disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
- Change Management Lead Johnston, Rhode Island; Westwood, Massachusetts; Charlotte, North Carolina; Boston, Massachusetts; Glen Allen, Virginia; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Johnston, Rhode Island, Westwood, Massachusetts, Charlotte, North Carolina, Boston, Massachusetts, Glen Allen, Virginia, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Business Banking QA QC Analyst Fort Washington, Pennsylvania; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Johnston, Rhode Island; Westwood, Massachusetts Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Johnston, Rhode Island, Westwood, Massachusetts
- Senior Enterprise Architect Johnston, Rhode Island; Phoenix, Arizona; Charlotte, North Carolina; Franklin, Tennessee; Westwood, Massachusetts Johnston, Rhode Island, Phoenix, Arizona, Charlotte, North Carolina, Franklin, Tennessee, Westwood, Massachusetts