Default Servicing Operations Manager
Glen Allen, Virginia, United States
10561 Telegraph Rd
Req. Number: 214045
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
Are you enthusiastic about helping customers who are experiencing financial hardship? Do you enjoy problem solving and driving meaningful change? Are you looking for the autonomy and support to improve foreclosure effectiveness and company financial performance? Do you want a role that offers you the chance to drive significant improvements to the bottom line while also delivering for customers? If so, consider joining Citizens Bank’s Home Mortgage Consumer Solutions Delivery team and help lead our team to Operational Excellence.
Leading a team of ~45 colleagues internally/externally, you will shape the business in your leadership of Foreclosure areas for Mortgages and Home Equity products. Working closely with Investors, Property Preservation and Real Estate Owned strategies, senior management, Product Owners and support teams, you will drive industry-leading Late-Stage Collections, Foreclosure and Loss Prevention strategies, deliver an exceptional customer experience, partnership and deliver a controlled operational environment.
The Foreclosure Operations Manager is responsible for the day to day operation of the department and takes ownership for producing high volume and high-quality work while adhering to investor, state and regulatory guidelines.
In this position you will:
- Primarily responsible for the success of Citizens Bank Foreclosure program optimization and performance with a focus on efficiency and loss prevention
- Develop, plan, and implement activities that will enable a highly motivated and highly performing team that fosters an environment of cooperation and change
- Drive risk and compliance accountability in end to end processes and controls and deliver a sound overall control environment. Proactively identify regulatory, investor financial, operational, reputational and other risk issues; develop remediation plans; and execute to bring issues to closure on time.
- Process/Continuous Improvement: Identify operational improvements using Agile and Lean principles and process automation/digital tools to make improvement in execution a continual focus in day-to-day operation.
- Develop strong industry knowledge and network to benchmark practices and performance vs. industry.
- Implement strong operating rhythms, management routines and reporting to ensure robust engagement, communication, coaching/development, performance monitoring and accountability that will enable the team to win.
- Undertakes special projects related to departmental activities as assigned
- Ensure compliance with all Investor guidelines and quality controls are in place to protect Citizens and its clients
- Supervise department efficiency, pipeline management and processing time frames
- Provide positive ongoing leadership and mentor, including performance measurements, appraisals and other actions impacting employee job related functions
- Maintains, updates and builds process and procedure documentation for the Foreclosure team. Continually review and refine processes to ensure efficiency and accuracy
- Advises change within the department. Promotes a demeanor of optimism and progress
- Prepares and presents workflow and results to Senior Management and clients as needed
- Assists in the control of company expenses through intelligent use of funds to resolve accounts and managing staffing and miscellaneous costs
- Review Quality Assurance/Quality Control reports on a daily/weekly basis and remediate deficiencies that are noted
- Respond to internal and external audit findings by preparing formal responses and ensuring remediation of noted issues
- Integrate new tools and vendors to achieve operational excellence goals and improve customer facing processes and touch points for Home Mortgage products
- High School Diploma required
- Minimum of 8 years of Foreclosure supervisory/management experience required; minimum 10+ years mortgage operations management experience
- Demonstrated ability in mortgage default operations
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent mentor and counseling skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and verbal, written communication skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Experience analyzing home appraisals, title searches and other documents to evaluate a pre-foreclosure remedies
- Self-Motivated. Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Strong analytical, problem solving and mathematical skills to be used in financial counseling, affidavits, evaluation and interpretation of sophisticated information
- Understanding of mortgage lending and servicing, particularly late stage collections, appraisals/valuations, bid packages and market listing price
- Outstanding planning skills to balance multiple priorities and deadlines
- Solid understanding of GNMA, USDA and GSE default servicing
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40hrs
Work Schedule: M-F 8-5
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.