Senior Software Engineer
Franklin, Tennessee; Westwood, Massachusetts; Charlotte, North Carolina; Johnston, Rhode Island; Chicago, Illinois
Req. Number: 219856
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
As a software engineer, you will work alongside and mentor a group of talented engineers as you pursue a broad range of initiatives. By leveraging your technical skills and thirst for innovation, you will produce disruptive technologies that will ensure Citizens market leadership. As a future leader, you will work on multiple solutions spanning our consumer banking applications.
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for:
- Designing, modifying, developing and implementing technology solutions. Building modern, architecturally sound components, tools and applications to meet mission-driven strategic business goals.
- Participating in an environment rapidly transforming to the Agile methodology, adhering to best practices and collaborating effectively with your team mates.
- Designing, modifying, developing and implementing software solutions. Building modern, architecturally sound components, tools and applications to meet mission-driven strategic business goals.
- Infusing quality of service characteristics, such as scalability, manageability and maintainability, into distributed service-based framework to create or expand business or technical capabilities.
- Contributing insight from prior experiences when considering design specifications, considering the goals of the consumer-facing product.
- 5+ years of experience in software development, with a proven record of successfully launching commercial products
- 3+ years of experience with collecting requirements, creating software designs and developing efficient implementations
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a team environment, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working in .net environment and writing code with C#
- Understanding of the banking industry, specifically the functions of custodial and consumer banking
- AWS/AZURE/GCP experience
- Bash and Linux experience
- Familiarity with full-stack development
- Experience with CICD pipeline (CircleCI, Jenkins, or equivalent)
- Cloud certifications such as AWS Solutions Architect
- Understand data structure concepts such as linked lists, dictionaries, arrays, custom object creation, etc.
Education and Certifications
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.