Principal ArchitectLocation Franklin, Tennessee Req. Number199019 Category IT, Corporate Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
As the Principal Architect, you will be instrumental in bringing innovative ideas to fruition. Your role will be central to the successful integration of disruptive technologies within the organization. The Senior Architect will provide architectural mentorship and oversight at a Company Platform level, including its supporting Technical Platform. The Senior Architect will work cross-functionally with both technical and non-technical teams, including: business development, product management, software engineering, cyber-security and departmental executives to drive tangible results.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Working with senior level engineers, architects and platform owner to set the platform’s technical direction and strategic objectives.
- Aligning efforts with central architecture function to influence technical standards and progress enterprise objectives.
- Participating in design and code reviews to ensure both deliveries of desired business outcomes and alignment to enterprise standards.
- Driving key architecture decisions to solve critical complex problems for assigned and adjacent platforms. Working with the Company Platform Owner and senior architects to guide Technical Platform architecture and engineering teams.
- Focusing on driving architecture towards long-term Business Unit/Enterprise goals and objectives. Partnering with business leadership to influence priorities and objectives.
- Capturing best-practice knowledge from engineering and field teams and share reference architectures and patterns with technical teams.
- Networking with peers on technical matters, design prototypes, system designs and enterprise-wide research projects.
- 10+ years of web-development or solutions architecture experience
- Hands-on experience with end-to-end software development of complex multi-tiered systems
- Experience with multiple IT disciplines with a confirmed understanding of relevant architectural concepts
- Experience using system and process analysis
- Experience implementing large-scale technological enhancements or pivots, including pilot implementations and analysis
- 3+ years’ experience in the financial services industry
- UI/UX experience, including relevant web/application branding techniques
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Preferred: Master's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M - F
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.