Jumbo Underwriting ManagerLocation Franklin, Tennessee Req. Number204409-1 Category Management, Operations, Underwriters Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
Position Summary: The Jumbo Underwriting Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the multi-channel Jumbo underwriting team to ensure consistency, superior quality and salability of all loans. This individual must have excellent communication skills and should ensure that a high standard for exemplary customer service is set. This individual must have current and extensive Jumbo underwriting and management experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage an underwriting team responsible for underwriting salable Jumbo loans, including to the level of securitization standards in the industry with an objective to develop best in class reputation for underwriting/manufacturing quality.
• Underwriting turn times should not only consider customer SLAs but sufficient time to perform the most thorough review for a well-documented file prior to closing, without being overly punitive to the customer but meeting to the letter, all requirements that won’t compromise the market view of our underwriting execution.
• Responsibilities include but are not limited to staff development, underwriter production, customer service, quality and staffing
• Manage, direct and implement underwriting strategies and objectives to ensure timely delivery of high-quality loan decisions in accordance with credit policies and procedures
• Responsible for creating effective underwriting procedures that minimize risk and drive consistent, quality underwriting
• Participate in the implementation of technology updates to improve underwriting process and reduce risk
• Perform second level reviews as required based on risk and/or corporate policy
• Review exception requests and use sound judgment to ensure exceptions are within corporate risk tolerance and investor guidelines
• Consistently evaluate audit feedback, policy changes and current processes to identify opportunities for training and areas for improvement
• Monitor individual scorecards, opportunities for development and ultimate accountability management to maintain the highest performance bar for each team member
• Maintain and cultivate an effective working relationship with internal and external customers
• 15 years mortgage experience
• 5+ years managerial experience
• 3+ years recent Jumbo underwriting experience
• Advanced income analysis skills which includes experience reviewing Self- E mployment, including business tax returns.
• Knowledge of Government, Conforming and Jumbo guidelines
• Knowledge of compliance and regulatory policies including QM/ATR, Reg B and Reg Z
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This position can be based in Irving, TX or Franklin, TN.
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran