Home Mortgage Wholesale Underwriting Analyst (Work at Home)Location Texas Req. Number201755 Category Product Support Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
The Home Mortgage Wholesale Underwriting Analyst is responsible for supporting the National Underwriting Department by analyzing loan files in order to identify loan attributes related to risk and assisting with determining the exposure level, including making recommendations of how to proceed with the loan. This employee’s goal is to further improve the quality of loans closed within the Franklin American Mortgage Wholesale Division.
Additionally, this role is responsible for reviewing and approving condos & subordinate financing; and answering complex loan scenarios from the Wholesale Sales department. The ability to manage work flow and provide exemplary internal customer service is essential.
Maintain thorough understanding and keep up to date on FAMC Credit Policies, Investor Guidelines, GSE Guidelines, and FAMC Wholesale Systems and Procedures.
Provide support to Wholesale Sales and Operations utilizing WNU Scenario Desk or Underwriting Support JIRA tickets. This includes approvals of Conventional Condominium review, Subordinate Financing or other complex situations.
- Analyze loan files and/or internal reports as needed to ensure quality and compliance with policies and guidelines.
- Analyze loan files for quality of decisions and required conditions to identify effectiveness of loan decision and potential training opportunities.
- Act as liaison and subject matter expert between Product Development, Wholesale National Underwriting, and Wholesale Production for loan exceptions to ensure sound credit decisions.
- Recommend changes to guidelines based on loan exception data to improve production and limit credit risk.
- Special Projects related to Wholesale Underwriting as needed.
- Advise and recommend appropriate actions to improve quality and consistency.
- Other duties as reasonably assigned.
- Seven years of mortgage experience.
- Five years of underwriting experience.
- Working knowledge of ALLREGS, MyFAMC, FNMA Desktop Underwriter, and FHLMC Loan Prospector.
- College degree preferred.
- DE and LAPP designations highly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Analytical skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines.
- Professional dress and demeanor.
- Must demonstrate commitment, dependability, and respect for other employees with regular attendance, punctuality, and adherence to agreed-upon schedule.
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.