HM Credit AdministratorLocation Franklin, Tennessee Req. Number212854-1 Category Home Lending Operations, Administration, Product Support, Consumer Banking, Corporate Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
The Credit Administration Manager is an individual who utilizes data, reports, industry knowledge and experience to drive best in class loan quality throughout the life cycle of the loan. This individual must have extensive underwriting and credit policy experience for all mortgage products to support Capital markets and our business partners when credit expertise is required.
- Strategize solutions with partners utilizing a big picture perspective to assist with resolving quality issues. This includes working with underwriting, post-closing, government insuring, doc custody and any other departments that impact quality and salability of the loan.
- Responsible for monitoring and analyzing reports from multiple sources including but not limited to pre-closing and post-funding quality audits, Portfolio Administration, Secondary, Loan Delivery, and Government Insuring. Determine root cause and work with partners to drive remediation to prevent future occurrences.
- Conduct credit policy research and compose guidelines to support policy change, policy interpretation and project initiatives. Tactical application of written policy and best practices to support credit quality.
- Lead Credit Administration projects as needed and provide support to Capital Markets or business partner projects as needed.
- Assist with creation and support of income calculators and other job aid/tools.
- Utilize credit and company expertise to support investor and regulatory audits as required.
- Research competitors, market trends and stay current on industry news including attending change management meetings to identify potential credit policy changes and assist Credit Administration Manager with managing risk.
- Partner with Quality Control and Repurchase Risk (TPR exception management, Agency audits, repurchase requests, etc.) to assist with rebuttals and curing loan exceptions.
- Cultivate and maintain an effective working relationship with internal colleagues and external partners.
- Provide back up as needed to other Credit Administration colleagues.
- Minimum 7 years mortgage banking experience with seasoned underwriting and Credit Policy Experience
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA and Jumbo products. Experience should support a $3,000,000 in Jumbo lending authority. FHA DE and VA SAR preferred.
- Knowledge of compliance and regulatory policies including thorough knowledge of QM/ATR.
- Must be able to recognize and make recommendations and decisions with a balanced view of risk and competition to support quality growth strategy.
- Positive and organized communication and mannerisms are critical – must be clear, organized in thought and professional in tone, particularly working with sales, operations, investors and other partners.Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran