Corporate Banking Portfolio Manager II - Foreign Corp
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania; Boston, Massachusetts
Job ID: 24916
Citizens Bank is seeking an experienced Portfolio Manager to join our Ft. Washington, or Philadelphia, or NYC office in our Mid-Atlantic Mid-Corporate and Foreign Corporate Banking Group. The Portfolio Manager is responsible for effective credit and risk administration with particular emphasis on adherence to credit policy and requirements, financial analysis/modeling, risk evaluation, on-going portfolio maintenance activities, and as needed client support for an assigned portfolio with a balanced mix of Mid-Corporate and Foreign Corporate clients (with annual revenue between $500MM and $5B.)
Primary responsibilities include:
- Ensure the overall portfolio performance and asset quality remains strong and is able to independently assess, and, jointly with Relationship Managers, develop strategies and actions to resolve issues that could increase risk and/or create loss for the Bank.
- Independently interacts with senior management of customers and prospects in order to discuss and resolve risk related issues, develop, and deliver presentations to senior management and at credit review and approval meetings, exhibits skill at negotiation and the development of loan structuring options, engages with Syndications on multi-bank transactions and is skilled in the area of large exposures and complex credit situations.
- Manage a portfolio of the most complex credits and will perform the functions of the position with only periodic oversight and is expected to perform with very limited supervisory intervention.
Specific tasks may include:
- Assures compliance with CFG commercial credit policy. Effectively maintains high quality credit file documentation. Applies credit skills, product knowledge, and sound judgment to assess credit risk. Exhibits knowledge of various types of loan terms and conditions and understanding of loan documentation. Consistently adheres to all regulatory compliance requirements.
- Post-Closing Audit for new loans, renewals, and modifications, running financial models using a variety of formats/systems, preparing annual reviews, renewal requests, reviewing Borrowing Base Certificates and surfacing liquidity concerns, preparation of CPS and appendices, Sponsor/Guarantor analyses, completion of regular compliance checks. Prepares underwriting documents for new credit transactions and gains approval, in concert with Relationship Management. Negotiates loan documents, prepares, and reviews financial models for accuracy, is skilled at addressing Past Due situations and has extensive knowledge of credit policies, in particular. Can complete the most complex underwriting documents with minimal involvement from the RM or application of the policies to a variety of situations.
- Oversees assigned portfolio of credits and anticipates portfolio problems and takes action to develop solutions, handles multiple demands and competing priorities meets deadlines and schedules associated with maintaining portfolio compliance with credit and risk policies.
- Actively and effectively manages assigned portfolio including, but not limited to: tracking of delinquency, exceptions, matured loans, collateral monitoring, financial statement receipt and analysis, covenant compliance monitoring, annual review process, proper completion and validation of credit grading models, quarterly/monthly monitoring requirements, and needed modifications.
- Provides feedback, direction, and oversight by reviewing the work done by credit analysts or junior PMs who are supporting a senior level PM with the tasks noted above as part of Portfolio Management & Oversight.
- Provides client management support for assigned portfolio. Regular level of direct client interaction and can resolve the most complex issues related to credit monitoring and administration with client directly. Understands and stays abreast of industry information related to the customer segment and/or industries represented within the assigned portfolio. Shares insights and learnings with other RMs and PMs. Actively engages with Relationship Managers on progress, issues, and challenges regarding a particular customer relationship or portfolio concern. Pro-actively offers ideas and solutions to address issues in partnership with RMs. Develops and presents credits during reviews and approval meetings, engages with Syndications on multi-bank transactions, and prepares pitch books for new client acquisition.
- Exhibits expert knowledge or clients/credits included in the portfolio when interacting with peers, relationship manager, team leader, and senior managers across departments/work teams. Exhibits comprehensive written and verbal communication skills. Regularly interacts with and develops relationships with existing and potential customers. Fully understands suite of cross sell services and can convey benefits of such to existing client base. May review work of other portfolio managers or credit analysts who may perform financial analysis or modeling (in support of an expert level PM) for completeness and accuracy. Regularly acts as a coach and mentor for junior level PMs and credit analysts. Pro-actively builds relationships both within department and across business unit. Shows ability to influence RMs around credit decisions. Can view credit/client situations from multiple angles and can debate the merits of a given transaction and defend position both internally and externally.
- 10+ years of experience and exhibited competency in financial analysis and credit structuring, understanding, and applying credit policy, and credit monitoring and risk administration practices.
- Expected to have highly advanced level of credit experience, documentation experience in proposing and negotiating, both internally and externally, credit and covenant structures and documenting loans.
- Self-starter, enjoying working in an entrepreneurial environment, proven ability in adaptability and problem solving.
- Highly skilled in financial modeling and able to quickly structure credit in modeling environment. Able to advise RMs on how to structure the credit relationship.
- Exhibits competency at independently reaching conclusions and forms clear view of credit structure and business risk to Bank.
- Has deep understanding of industry nuances applicable to the credits contained within assigned portfolio.
- Displays deep understanding of capital structures, with clear knowledge of the difference between senior and other layers of debt.
- Highly developed communication skills and the ability to influences others by persuasively presenting thoughts and ideas to gain commitment and agreement for proposed ideas and solutions.
- Strong PC Proficiency and Microsoft Office applications, advanced knowledge of different financial modeling systems and strong presentation development and delivery skills.
- Experience with IFRS accounting standards, LMA loan documentation, and European syndications is a plus.
Education, Certification, and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent work experience.
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40+
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
|Posting Description for External Candidates|
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Citizens we value diversity, equity and inclusion, and treat everyone with respect and professionalism. Employment decisions are based solely on experience, performance, and ability. Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies (Citizens) provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability, perceived disability or history or record of a disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
- Audit Manager Johnston, Rhode Island; Iselin, New Jersey; Westwood, Massachusetts Johnston, Rhode Island, Iselin, New Jersey, Westwood, Massachusetts
- Capital Management Manager Boston, Massachusetts; Providence, Rhode Island; Westwood, Massachusetts Boston, Massachusetts, Providence, Rhode Island, Westwood, Massachusetts
- Senior Data Scientist Columbus, Ohio; Johnston, Rhode Island; Westwood, Massachusetts Columbus, Ohio, Johnston, Rhode Island, Westwood, Massachusetts