Business Banking Virtual Relationship Manager
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
Req. Number: 222530
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
The Relationship Manager in the Virtual Channel is focused on understanding their customer’s needs and building deep relationships with them. Consistent communication and call preparation is critical in understanding their customer’s needs and providing tailored solutions to meet them. In developing these solutions the Relationship Manager will use many resources and a comprehensive set of products. Successful RMs in this channel will have comfort in using technology and digital tools in managing their customers and working with their key business partners. These individuals will be self motivated, have a good understanding of business banking solutions such as credit, deposit, cash management and other services. It is critical that the RM has developed the skills to independently assess and determine product solutions to help customers. The RM will be agile, able to adapt to change and thrive in a fast paced team environment.
The RM will manage a portfolio of 325 - 350 small business customers. The RM will focus on businesses with revenues between $500k - $5m in revenue. They will be responsible for credit relationships up to $1mm and understanding and meeting a wide range of other customer needs. The RM will also be expected to pursue referrals from customers as they occur in the relationship building process.
The RM will operate in an exciting sales culture with proven routines to help understand and meet customer needs. The RMs will be goaled on, and expected to generate, new loan, deposit, cash management and other product solutions appropriate for the customer base. Meeting sales targets will require strong credit acumen and the ability to work well with Citizens underwriting team. The RM will be also be expected to have the ability to have in-depth cash flow cycle conversations with customers with the goal to recommend the appropriate Cash Management and or other solutions. RMs in this channel will have high expectations for keeping in touch with their customers which will be expected to drive high levels of customer satisfaction.
Communication with customers will initially be mostly virtually via telephone, Webex and through email. Over time additional forms of communication are expected to be added such as chat and video. Other technologies to help customers such as “screen sharing” and other digital forms of communication will be considered. Additional targeted marketing support is expected to be built for the Channel to help educate customers, expand RMs abilities to improve and expand relationships with them. Given this is a new channel, using new technologies and approaches, feedback from the RMs will be critical in continuously improving how the Bank helps customers and improves the overall effectiveness of this important relationship management channel.
- Candidate must to report to the Citizens office location daily, this is not a remote based position.
- Understand customer situation and needs
- Conduct extensive Pre Call Planning and preparation by leveraging sales tools and resources such Vertical IQ, Salesforce.com and other research tools.
- Proactively perform Discovery Calls with customers and prospects to further understand their needs and be able to make appropriate recommendations for business solutions. This will require independent thinking and analysis by the RM as they work to understand customer and prospect business relationships and needs to determine which products best meet their financial circumstances.
- Proactively make out bound Presentation Sales Calls to recommend appropriate business solution. These solutions will include a wide range of products and services and leverage our new digital solutions including VantageLink.
- Consult with a wide range of partners to help meet the business and personal financial needs of our customers and prospects. These solutions includes loan, deposit, cash management, merchant, payroll, wealth management and many others. The RMs will lead making product recommendations and be expected to quarterback all prospective and active deals while being the primary contact and liaison between the customers and partners.
- Ensure the service needs of customers are met by working with key colleagues including their Relationship Support Specialist (RSS), Contact Center and other areas that can help the customer.
- Complete administrative task including daily Salesforce.com sales & calling reporting. Adhere to compliance requirements.
2+ years in a Business Banking Relationship Manager role or related business lending experience preferred.
Business to Business sales experience required.
Motivated self starter with demonstrated leadership ability and potential.
Successfully operate in a “team” atmosphere building upon and leveraging strong internal and external network.
Ability to succeed in a fast paced, demanding sales culture with measured routines and goals aimed at new loan and deposit generation, cross sales, customer service and satisfaction
Proficiency with portfolio/account management preferred.
Ability to understand core business products and services. Proven track record of sales and outside calling skills.
Excellent communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills.
Ability to develop strong customer and colleague relationships.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40 hours
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8AM - 5PM
Why work with us
- Big bank with a neighborhood feel: We understand local business' needs and how to help you grow your book of business
- Management that listens: Our experienced leadership is ready to hear your feedback and empower you
- Effective resources and products: Our products, digital lending, and extensive support make it easy for businesses to work with you
- Dedication to community: From providing capital to volunteering, we invest in communities as a financial advisor and neighbor
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more
Awards we've received
- Forbes World's Best Banks (2020)
- Forbes Best Employers for Diversity (2020)
- Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality – 100% Corporate Equality Index (2020)
- Military Friendly Employer (2020)
- Dave Thomas Foundation – Best Adoption-friendly Workplace (2020)
- Diversity, Inc. – Top 25 companies for diversity (2019)
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.
- Citizens Banker Elkins Park House, Pennsylvania Elkins Park House, Pennsylvania
- Senior Commercial Agency Services Specialist Cleveland, Ohio; Charlotte, North Carolina; Boston, Massachusetts; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Providence, Rhode Island Cleveland, Ohio, Charlotte, North Carolina, Boston, Massachusetts, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Providence, Rhode Island
- Financial Advisor - Affluent West Chester, Pennsylvania West Chester, Pennsylvania