Home Mortgage Underwriter Senior Specialist (Work at Home)Location New Jersey Req. Number203046 Category Product Support, Underwriters, Remote Opportunities Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
As an employee of Citizens Financial Group, you become a part of an organization committed to serving customers, colleagues and communities in which we do business. Citizens Financial Group is an established and successful financial services company with a branch presence in 12 states and the ability to conduct business globally. We are committed to offering comprehensive and competitive benefits, encouraging our colleagues to develop and grow their careers, and providing a fiscally sound and stable work environment while delivering to our customers.
Responsible for underwriting complete product offerings including automated and manual underwriting of mortgage loans. This is a loan decisioning position with significant financial and risk impact to the business.
- Ensure material information captured in the automated underwriting system is accurate at time of review.
- Proactively suggest program alternatives for customers who do not qualify for terms initially submitted.
- Demonstrate sound judgment in the analysis of required documentation while mitigating organization risk through appropriate decision making.
- Meet or exceed productivity levels established by Management and credit quality standards set forth by Citizens Bank, while responding timely to quality control and audit reviews when requested.
- Assist the Group Team Manager when necessary and provide training when required.
- In depth knowledge of all legal, compliance, regulatory and investor requirements for the product set.
- Is a resource for operations and sales colleagues regarding specific product requirements for loans in process.
2-3 years mortgage and equity industry experience
Extensive knowledge of underwriting guidelines
Detail and organizational skills
Customer service skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
High School or Equivalent (GED) required, Certification, Licensure or other education training preferred
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.