InStore Assistant Branch ManagerLocation Everett, Massachusetts Job ID/ Req. Number192428 Category Branch Manager Full/Part Time F Regular/Temporary 1st Shift
As an Assistant Branch Manager (ABM), you’ll be responsible for the daily operations, and opening and closing of the branch. This includes management of sales and service professionals to meet and exceed P&L goals and service targets. Provide sales leadership to ensure franchise growth through personal example and regular monitoring of team sales results. Partner with the Branch Manager to promote mentor and coach staff to achieve sales success. Assist in breaking down quarterly goals to weekly sales goals for branch sales staff. Assistant Branch Managers lead by example with meeting and exceeding individual sales goals. Manages and maintains schedule of branch staff to ensure proper coverage and foster a motivated, diverse team environment. Responsible for keeping branch in compliance with all bank policies and procedures and prepares branch for internal audits. Manages and ensures customer issues and questions are addressed to a satisfactory resolution. Walks in the shoes of our customers and is a great listener.
This position reports to Branch Manager.
Success in this front-line role can lead to both short and long term career opportunities in Retail, Business Banking or Wealth Management, including, but not limited to, Small Business Specialist, Licensed Banker and Branch Manager.
As an Assistant Branch Manager your primary responsibilities include:
- Drives sales through service: Build and promote branch identity, drive sales and promote overall ownership and accountability for improving customer service and branch success
- Manage a High Performing Team: Show accountability by taking ownership of the business and willingness to make customer-focused decisions when needed
- Ensure our customers are extremely satisfied with every interaction – make it memorable and the best part of their day
- Coach and Develop to Drive Results: Assist colleagues in achieving their developmental goals and career aspirations
- Bring a positive energy and confidence to Citizens every day
- 2 or more years of sales management experience in Retail or Branch Banking environment
- Proven ability to coach and develop to drive sales results and operational excellence in a high volume branch environment.
- Drive an exceptional customer experience validated through customer satisfaction surveys
- Strong financial and business acumen including experience interpreting reports to drive productivity.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple responsibilities prioritize and delegate while delivering results.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to build customer base by approaching and establishing dialogue with customers.
- Maintain an active role through partnerships with community and civic organizations
- Ability to work all branch operating hours, as needed, including weekends and some evenings.
- Ability to travel, as needed, to required trainings and/or other branch locations
- Successful candidate must meet and comply with all requirements set forth in the SAFE Act, including, but not limited to successful completion of the required background checks and obtaining an unique identifier from the NMLS
- High School degree or equivalent required
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
Knowledge, skills & abilities that typically lead to success in the job include:
- Leading by example
- Team Leadership
- Customer service
- Risk acumen
- Retail banking
- Consultative selling
- Cross selling
- Front office customer management
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.