Business Banking Relationship Manager I
Business Banking Relationship Managers provide leading solutions while growing their relationships, customer base and earning potential. A working knowledge of commercial credit and access to a competitive product suite means you are able to help customers with annual revenues of $500K–$5M in good times and in bad. You'll be empowered to grow your book of business and your career.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Experienced
- Travel: Locally within market
In order to succeed as a Banking Relationship Manager I and grow your career within Citizens, you'll need to excel within the following criteria:
Addressing Customers' Needs
Ready to Thrive
Shift: 1st Shift
Citizens Bank is seeking a motivated, highly successful, proven Relationship Manager with experience in moderately to less complex portfolios, and a strong grasp of sales and credit skills. This senior level performer is expected to be able to have an immediate impact. We reward you with an uncapped incentive opportunity and the ability to grow your career with a world class organization.
- Develop consultative relationships with small business clients in your target market with annual revenues ranging from $500K-$5MM.
- Understand the client needs, provide value added solutions, manage a portfolio of existing customers and drive new commercial customer relationships.
- Partner effectively with an award winning business banking team offering a wide array of product solutions that will enable you to enhance the customer experience, increase loyalty and improve the profitability of customer and the Bank
- Complete Business Banking University and Drive Sales training in your initial four week orientation and a commercial credit training program to insure you’re prepared to identify, assess and mitigate lending risk.
- Maintain strong market knowledge and develop, retain and expand relationships with Centers of Influence ie. CPA’s and Attorneys.
- Actively engage in meaningful community activity to expand potential customer base.
- 2+ years in a Business Banking Relationship Manager role or related business lending experience preferred.
- Business to Business sales experience required.
- Motivated self starter with demonstrated leadership ability and potential.
- Successfully operate in a “team” atmosphere building upon and leveraging strong internal and external network.
- Ability to succeed in a fast paced, demanding sales culture with measured routines and goals aimed at new loan and deposit generation, cross sales, customer service and satisfaction
- Proficiency with portfolio/account management preferred.
- Ability to understand core business products and services. Proven track record of sales and outside calling skills.
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop strong customer and colleague relationships.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
Hours & Work Schedule
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.