Senior Finance Director Business Banking & DepositsLocation Dedham, Massachusetts Job ID/ Req. Number196693 Category Finance and Accounting Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
The Chief Financial Officer will function as a trusted advisor to the President of Business Banking and the head of our Direct Bank, and will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer for the Consumer Bank. He/She will play a key role in the future growth and development of these business lines, both of which are strategic growth areas for Citizen’s Consumer Bank. Our Business Bank is partnering with FinTechs to redefine the way we serve our customers. With respect to deposits, we’ve recently launched Citizens Access, our online Direct Bank to diversify our funding sources and provide a platform for Citizens to engage with digitally savvy customers nationwide.
Core competencies will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Provide core finance leadership, building out financial tools, processes, and interconnections within Citizens Financial Group Finance (e.g., broader Consumer Bank Finance, CFG Treasury, Accounting, etc)
- Proactively challenge and guide business leadership on defining and executing our strategic plan including budgets, consolidation, analysis, and reporting.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Financial Planning and Analysis functions of these business lines.
- Participate in all internal and external financial, tax and regulatory reporting, budgeting, cash flow management, expense, cost and inventory management.
- Conduct financial due diligence and related analysis on potential corporate development opportunities, including complicated transactions and events.
- Manage resources, efforts and project workflows as necessary to complete assigned projects within required timeframes including providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
The successful candidate will have the following 15+ years’ experience in banking or financial services:
- Prior divisional CFO experience with a bank lending business or retail origination business which encompassed a fundamental understanding of the realities of the current market.
- Strong working knowledge and/or understanding of accounting and financial reporting areas in lending and deposits.
- Proven ability to forecast business performance given market conditions, interest rate movements, product mix, margins, cost structure and other inputs.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Management style that works well in a team-based environment and facilitates employee empowerment and development
- Strong financial modeling and analysis skills.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills, the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to prepare complex written materials and presentations.
- Strong negotiation and ability to influence, and the courage to surface and/or address alternate points of view.
The successful applicant must have a bachelor’s degree business, accounting, finance or related field (graduate degree/MBA/CPA is a plus) with qualifying experience, including 15+ years experience within the financial services industry.
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm; Monday - Friday
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.