Consumer Product Performance PartnerLocation Dedham, Massachusetts Job ID/ Req. Number194870 Category Marketing Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
As an employee of Citizens Bank you become a part of an organization committed to serving customers, colleagues and communities in which we do business. Citizens Bank is an established and successful financial services company with national presence and the ability to conduct business globally. We are committed to offering comprehensive and competitive benefits, encouraging our colleagues to develop and grow their careers, and providing a fiscally sound and stable work environment while delivering to our customers.
Citizens Consumer Deposit and Lending’s mission is continually focused on delivering the simplest, fastest, most hassle-free banking experience in the U.S.
The Consumer Product Performance Partner is responsible for ensuring effective portfolio growth and profitability of the business in accordance with budget targets. Individual will work in close collaboration with Finance, Strategy and Analytics, Product Distribution and other business partners to optimize portfolio growth and fee revenue across deposit product lines.
This position will be responsible for:
o Successful P&L management for consumer fees given ever changing regulatory and competitive environment. Includes partnering with Finance and Treasury colleagues to develop budgets/forecasts that appropriately reflect current trends.
o Working with the customer contact teams to manage fee rebates and ensuring consistent adherence to rebate guidelines.
o The development and end-to-end execution of fee strategy initiatives that deliver market share and revenue/profitability objectives while reflecting broad understanding of industry, competitor and regulatory pressures.
o Building recommendations and business cases to support proposed strategies, inclusive of actions plans for execution across multiple distribution platforms
o Effectively working with key business partners in Legal, Risk, Compliance, Marketing, etc. to deliver strategic and tactical plans
o Managing issue resolutions by working as part of a cross-functional team to identify system issues, quantify potential impact to both customers and the bank, and develop appropriate remediation plans.
o Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred
• 7-10 years of Progressive growth of responsibilities in financial services product management, including roles such as product development, product marketing, portfolio management and P&L management.
• Proven ability to think strategically, innovatively, and develop tactical execution plans to drive success
• Thorough understanding of key drivers of deposits business profitability
• Proven ability to analyze performance, research, financials and competitive data to drive strategic and tactical recommendations
• Excellent written and verbal communication with strong executive presence; able to develop creative presentations/communications that achieve maximum impact
• Strong influence and collaboration skills and can effectively build a business case and develop a successful recommendation for buy-in
• Ability to navigate at all levels in the organization and interact effectively and confidently with audiences of varying skill sets and authority
• Advanced skill set within Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with emphasis on Microsoft Excel with respect to financial analysis, models, and reporting.
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F 8-5
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.