Analysis and Reporting Senior AnalystLocation Dedham, Massachusetts Job ID/ Req. Number193113 Category Administration Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
- Collect, review and analyze highly complex data and/or documentation to ensure achievements with the Retail Network Transformation business plan financial objectives, key performance metrics, policies, procedures and/or regulatory and risk requirements
- Focus on day-to-day deliverables, developing solutions based upon subject expertise, and occasionally representing the department at a broader level
- Develop, establish and oversee performance management framework for the comprehensive Retail Network Transformation effort: Branch transformation & delivery, ATM channel management, InStore Channel management, and Branch Optimization
- Serve as subject matter expert and serve as business unit liaison with other departments. Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with other; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate the company in the market.
- Manage projects requiring coordination with other teams, process improvement projects and may assist in developing and implementing policies, procedures, and training materials to maximize efficiency
- Assist in the development of Market Planning across CFG's network
- Advanced desktop computer and application skills including spreadsheets, databases, vendor solutions, online programs, and various other MS Office programs (Excel, Access, SQL)
- Proven skills in data extraction, manipulation, and presentation for numerous file formats and source systems
- Strong ability to turn data into actionable insights and recommendation in an executive level format
- Attention to detail and data reconciliation skills in the process of translating data into information
- Ability to build repeatable processes that are streamlined, automated, and macro driven
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Experience training others on processes and procedures
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively
- Experience developing reports
- Ability to translate data into information
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree required
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per week: 40
Work Schedule: 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.