Principal Data Scientist
Data Analytics, Technology, Marketing, Digital Experience, and Communications
Req. Number: 221775
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
The Principal Data Scientist will be responsible for developing a wide range of analytical functions, potentially including but not limited to: data intelligence, analytical insights, machine learning, customer analytics, process improvement, data infrastructure development, and the development of statistical models, with the intent to optimize business spend & function, identify new opportunities, enhance the customer experience, and provide strategic direction to stakeholders.
This role will serve as the Advanced Analytics / Data Science support for an Agile team within the Home Equity and Lending area of the bank. This Principal Data Scientist will report within an Advanced Analytics team to enable collaboration, the sharing of analytical ideas, and the alignment of best practices.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Engage with Marketing, Operations, Business Leaders and External Partners to drive industry leading innovations in the HELOC space
- Streamline business processes and programs and develop models/strategies/insights that can lead to a more optimal performance and budgetary spend
- Research growing market trends and mine data to develop new insights that can guide the strategic direction of the Citizens Bank lines of business
- Document and communicate analytic insights for both technical and non-technical audiences, often within an Agile working structure
Our preference would be to have a chosen candidate with onsite capabilities in one of our corporate headquarters, however we are open to remote employment within the United States for the ideal candidate.
- 5-10 years of experience in Analytics/Database Marketing/Quantitative Modeling, with experience in Financial Services preferred
- 5-10 years of experience in SAS and/or related programming languages
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required with an ability to successfully communicate analytic results, business insights and resulting business implications to non-technical business partners
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with colleagues who have a background in statistics, database development/maintenance, and information technology
- Ability to operate independently, requiring little manager oversight
- Strong programming skills and ability to utilize a variety of data/analytic software languages/tools (e.g., SQL, SAS, R, Python, Splus, etc.)
- Experience supporting home lending preferred but not required
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics/Mathematics/Physics/Computer Science required, graduate degree preferred
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.