M&A Advisory Summer Associate
Commercial Banking, Student and Recent Graduates
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
200 Public Square, Suite 3750
Req. Number: 217540
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
Citizens is seeking investment banking Summer Associates to join the execution team within the Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory group (“M&A Advisory”). Through the 10-week internship program, Summer Associates will have substantial interaction with senior bankers and will gain exposure to multiple industries within focused sectors. Summer Associates are assigned to active and prospective engagement teams and will have key responsibilities within the preparation, analysis, and execution of M&A transactions. Our Associates manage consistent deal flow and are an integral part of delivery to our clients and prospects.
The internship program is the primary method of sourcing full-time M&A Associate candidates. Over the course of the 10-week program, our Summer Associates will gain exposure to the true day-to-day responsibilities of an investment banker and will have the opportunity to grow professionally in a fast-paced environment.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Managing and assisting with the preparation of financial models and business valuations
- Leading / participating in meetings with current and prospective clients
- Conducting industry and company due diligence
- Preparing and reviewing information memoranda and other transaction documents:draft key marketing and transaction-related documents
- Preparing and reviewing “pitch" materials and other presentations: develop and assemble pitches and other presentations and be an integral part of the team in delivering these presentations
Characteristics and skills important to success in this position:
- Intelligent and resourceful
- Professional / articulate oral and written communication
- Strong technical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter / intellectual curiosity
- Strong work ethic / team player / high degree of humility, maturity and integrity
- Ability to work efficiently and to manage multiple projects simultaneously and a willingness to work long hours
Background qualifications include:
- Candidates should have 3-5 years of work experience in investment banking, transaction advisory, or similar role.
- A planned spring 2023 graduation from a top MBA program is required.
- Please note that U.S. Immigration sponsorship or work visa is not available for this position and candidates must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.