Commercial Real Estate Portfolio Manager II
Chicago, Illinois; Charlotte, North Carolina; Atlanta, Georgia; New York, New York; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Boston, Massachusetts
Req. Number: 224693
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
The Commercial Real Estate (CRE) Portfolio Manager II position is responsible for prudent underwriting and effective credit and risk administration with particular emphasis on adherence to credit policy and requirements, financial analysis/modeling, risk evaluation, on-going portfolio maintenance activities, and client support for an assigned portfolio of existing credits and prospects primarily of moderate to medium complexity, with some having higher complexity.
This position will be focused on our expanding Data Center vertical. Responsibilities to include:
- Ensuring overall portfolio performance and asset quality remains strong and when necessary, surfaces issues, proposes and collaborates with others on strategies and actions to limit risk and loss to the Bank.
- Monitoring the performance of existing borrowers within assigned portfolio and ensure compliance with financial covenants.
- Assisting the Relationship Manager in structuring more advanced credit transactions, developing proposal letters, TOSs, term sheets and commitment letters. They will take the lead on the internal credit process for obtaining approvals of credit proposals.
- Performing the functions of the position with only periodic oversight and is expected to perform with minimal supervisory intervention.
- Independently applies the conditions of credit decision to the different types of credits contained within the portfolio to ensure that all monitoring and tracking requirements are met and that all documentation is up to date per policy
- Ensures loan agreement is in accordance with approval documents. Identifies potential issues contained within loan documentation and takes steps to address the issues, in consultation with RM. Key voice with the interaction of the client in closing transactions.
- Manages compliance and control routines related to the credits contained in the assigned portfolio.
- Independently follows up with borrowers to address missing financial information or to resolve covenant violations on a timely basis
- Coordinating and managing the datacenter approval processes and metrics to include Executive/Deal Summaries and Legal Documentation negotiations.
- Tracking and reporting of key lease metrics, obligations, and critical dates.
- Providing insight and support in strategic negotiations with RM and CO thru the approval process.
- Ownership of financial and contractual requirements for Data Center colocation agreements.
- Drive process creation, implementation, and improvements.
- 10+ years of commercial credit experience primarily in Commercial Real Estate, with some experience in Data Centers and Construction.
- Exhibited competency in financial analysis and credit structuring, understanding, and applying credit policy and credit monitoring and risk administration practices
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Prior portfolio management experience to include proposing credit and covenant structures and documenting loans
- Commercial Real Estate experience – debt, equity or development experience is preferred
- Capable of interpreting and detecting issues with property, guarantor and sponsor financial performance and can put them into the context of the client’s history articulating possible impacts of such changes to the risk profile of the credit
- Displays strong verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Displays ability to engage with customers directly and may accompany RM on client visits or attend client meetings
- Displays competency with critical and analytical thinking and can identify connections between issues and actions needed to resolve issues for credits contained within the portfolio to ensure continued compliance with credit and risk policies and practices
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40+
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.