Associate II Corporate Finance - Paper & Packaging Sector (Investment Banking)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Req. Number: 222320
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
Citizens Corporate Finance Group is seeking an Associate to support the team’s senior professionals in industry-focused client development and originating, structuring, and executing debt capital markets and M&A transactions. The Associate’s responsibilities will require client development support and significant transaction involvement, from origination through closing, and the ability to work on multiple projects and transactions concurrently. The Associate will play a critical role in developing industry-focused idea generation, working on deal teams and coordinating projects and will interact directly with Managing Directors, senior management, other groups within Citizens, client management teams, private equity firms, corporate customers, and legal counsel. The Corporate Finance Associate would work directly with senior professionals on the Debt Capital Markets / Leveraged Finance and M&A product groups, as well as Sponsor Coverage and Corporate Banking relationship teams with deal experience supporting acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, dividend recapitalizations, restructurings, refinancing’s, and equity raises. The Associate will also be responsible for supervising and developing analyst level bankers.
This position offers an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing investment banking platform with market leading positions in middle market corporate and financial sponsor backed transactions. Through this experience the Associate will gain insight into the issues and considerations for management teams and shareholders at growing middle market companies, and exposure to strategic, financial, and capital decision making. The Associate will also develop direct relationship management responsibilities through interactions with current and prospective clients and management teams as well as private equity firms.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Working with Managing Directors, Vice Presidents, Associates within the Debt Capital Markets / Leveraged Finance and M&A product groups, Sponsor Coverage and Corporate Banking relationship teams to develop new business ideas, pitch strategies or transaction financing scenarios to help corporate clients and financial sponsors achieve their financial and strategic objectives
- Performing extensive financial statement modeling for a variety of transaction scenarios
- Conducting comprehensive company and industry research
- Analyzing financial model output and client information to prioritize data and present conclusions for discussion purposes
- Coordinating with senior bankers to provide indicative transaction structure and pricing guidance based on financial model and comparable transaction analysis
- Preparing pitch materials for client meetings
- Manage transaction screening and credit / underwriting approval processes and all required documentation, analysis, and meetings
- Playing a key leadership role throughout the transaction execution process
- Participating in accounting, business, and legal due diligence
- Working with legal counsel and clients / financial sponsors to draft and negotiate legal documentation
- Preparing detailed transaction marketing materials including confidential information memoranda and lender / management presentations
- This opportunity carries a competitive salary and a discretionary annual bonus based on individual and firm achievement
- Ability to function as part of a flat organization, manage several projects at once and work effectively as an individual and as part of multiple teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to express ideas in a persuasive, organized, and articulate manner
- Ability to follow-up independently and consistently and play the critical role as the project manager on most assignments
- Demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis with a solid understanding of financial statements, financial modeling and company or industry analysis
- Self-starting team player who can think strategically and excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, challenging work environment
- High degree of maturity and integrity with a positive and hardworking attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to immediately contribute to the group based on past experience and help transfer best practices and knowledge
Background qualifications include:
- Undergraduate degree with a strong academic record from a leading university. All concentrations considered given level of industry experience
- MBA a strong plus, but not required given level of experience
- Attendance in a formal investment or corporate banking training program preferred, but not required
- 4+ years of direct experience with proved client interaction and Investment Banking, M&A, Corporate Finance, Leveraged Finance or Capital Markets experience
- Full command on Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with related financial services software including S&P CapitalIQ, S&P Leveraged commentary, Advantage Data, Bloomberg, Thomson One, Thomson Loan Pricing Connector, FactSet etc.
- Hours and Work Schedule
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.