Analyst I Corporate FinanceLocation Charlotte, North Carolina Job ID/ Req. Number196750 Category Lending Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
Citizens Bank is seeking current college seniors to join the execution team within its Capital Markets & Sponsor Finance Group (“Capital Markets”). Analysts within Capital Markets will work closely with the team’s senior professionals in originating, structuring and executing leverage finance transactions, primarily within the U.S. middle market.
Analysts' responsibilities include transaction support (idea generation, financial analysis, industry analysis, client communication), from origination through transaction closing, for multiple concurrent transactions. The Analyst within the Corporate Finance & Sponsor Coverage Group will play a critical role in originating opportunities and coordinating projects interacting directly with senior management, other groups within Citizens, client management teams, private equity firms (“Sponsor”), and legal counsel. The Analyst will support industry aligned client coverage efforts and working closely with other Analysts and senior professionals in Debt Capital Markets, Leveraged Finance, Sponsor Coverage, and M&A teams to originate and successfully execute a wide variety of transactions, including loan syndications, acquisition finance, high yield bonds, convertibles, and M&A.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting junior and senior team members within the Debt Capital Markets, Leveraged Finance, Sponsor Coverage, and M&A teams to develop and pitch new ideas to help corporate clients and financial sponsors achieve their financial and strategic objectives
- Performing extensive financial modeling and valuation analysis leveraging diligence findings to develop additional modeling scenarios, and present findings for internal approval teams
- Conducting comprehensive company and industry research, and developing and maintaining thorough industry thought pieces and analyses for presentation to clients
- Analyzing financial model output and client information to prioritize data and present conclusions for discussion purposes
- Preparing pitch materials for client meetings
- Participating in accounting, business and legal due diligence for both credit approval and underwriting approval processes
- Preparing detailed transaction marketing materials and management presentations
- Supporting junior and senior team members in developing new business ideas, pitch strategies, or transaction financing scenarios to help the firm’s corporate and sponsor clients with achieving their financial and strategic objectives
This position offers an excellent opportunity to join a high performing, rapidly growing, and entrepreneurial team within one of the largest regional banks in the country. Citizens Bank has market leading positions in middle market corporate and Sponsor-backed transactions. Through this experience, Analysts will gain insight into the issues and considerations for management teams, Sponsors, and shareholders at growing middle market companies; as well as gain exposure to strategic financial decision making at the highest management levels. Analysts will also develop direct working relationships with current and prospective clients, investment professionals at credit funds, professionals at other banks, and private equity firms. This position is for a two year analyst role, with the option for a third year, as well as assistance with placement for alternative positions within Citizens Financial Group, private equity firms, or other desired industry positions.
This opportunity carries a competitive salary and a discretionary annual bonus based on individual and firm achievement.
General position requirements include:
- Ability to function as part of a flat organization, manage several projects at once, and work effectively both independently and as part of multiple teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to express ideas in a persuasive, organized, and articulate manner
- Demonstrated aptitude or willingness to master financial statement analysis, financial modeling, and company / industry analysis
- Self-starting team player who can think strategically and excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and challenging work environment
- Ability to follow-up independently and consistently and play the critical role as the project manager on assignments
- High degree of maturity and integrity with a positive and hardworking attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
Background qualifications include:
- Please note that U.S. Immigration sponsorship or work visa is not available for this position and candidates must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.
- Undergraduate candidates with a strong academic record and expected graduation date between December 2019 and June 2020. All majors / concentrations considered.
- Minimum GPA of 3.2 preferred
- Prior financial services internship experience preferred, but not required
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.