Bank Branch, Banker
We're reimagining the future of banking and what it means to be a banker. Citizens Bankers devote their time to getting to know their customers and building lasting relationships by providing trusted advice. Their focus on delivering an exceptional experience means every customer leaves happy today, tomorrow and for years to come. A career with us can start in a branch and go in any direction your talents and interests take you.
- Job Type: Full-time or part-time
- Job Level: Early career
- Starting Salary: $20/hour
In order to succeed as a Personal Banker and grow your career within Citizens, you'll need to excel within the following criteria:
Ready to Thrive
Starting Salary: $20 / hour and up
Citizens Bankers devote their time getting to know their customers and building lasting relationships by providing trusted advice. Using your strong communication and problem-solving skills — along with your broad range of financial knowledge — you will anticipate your customers’ wishes and address almost every need. Your laser focus on delivering an outstanding experience means every customer leaves happy, not just today, tomorrow and for years to come.
Are you outgoing? Do you get satisfaction out of helping others and offering sound advice? If you’re a “people person” who enjoys building positive relationships with customers, then this is the job for you!
Citizens Bankers are the face of the branch. You’ll get to know customers’ personal financial goals and recommend tailored solutions to meet their needs — like planning for the future, buying a home or opening a new credit card. Not only that, but you’ll also introduce customers to new, more efficient ways of banking online, through our award-winning mobile app and ATMS. Everyone in the branch environment thrives when you work together to meet individual and team goals. You can also take advantage of training, coaching and career planning to grow your career into branch management or another exciting role at Citizens.
What you'll do
- Be the face of Citizens, presenting a professional, friendly and helpful appearance with every interaction
- Work closely with new and existing customers to understand their financial needs and deepen relationships
- Provide recommendations and assist customers with a wide array of financial solutions to satisfy their spending, saving, borrowing and investing needs
- Help customers bank more efficiently using web, mobile and ATM banking
- Acquire new customers through outbound phone checkups and in-store prospecting
- Collaborate with your partners in Wealth, Mortgage and Business Banking to help customers with more complex financial needs
- Contact customers to schedule time to discuss their personal financial goals
- Provide financial education and services to customers to help them fit banking into their everyday lives
- Follow all financial policies and procedures, state and local laws and regulations
What you'll get
- Meaningful work & relationships – You’ll help customers with important financial decisions that impact their lives like building a business, buying a house, paying for school or helping them realize their long-term financial goals. Colleagues and leadership listen to your ideas and feedback.
- Commitment to community – You’ll thrive in a diverse, friendly and encouraging workplace that lets you give back to the community through volunteering and donating to causes that are important to you
- Recognition & reward – You’ll see your hard work rewarded with financial incentives, promotions, growth and new opportunities
- Training & development – You’ll grow your career through training, coaching, career planning and development that will enable you to branch off in any direction your talents and interests take you
- Exceptional benefits – You’ll have access to medical and dental insurance, a 401K with corporate match, tuition assistance and discounts on student loan refinancing. You’ll also get a discount on thousands of gyms, studios and fitness centers.
- High School degree or GED required
- 2 years of sales and customer service experience
- Strong listening and customer service skills
- Ability to effectively ask questions and identify needs to improve the customer relationship
- Commitment to building relationships through phone engagements
- Comfortable with using digital technology to support the delivery of business goals
- Ability to problem solve and provide solutions to customer issues
- Ability to strengthen relationships with teammates, business partners and specialists through collaboration
- Self-motivated, confident and ability to multitask effectively
- Ability to work branch hours, which can include weekends and evenings
- If selected, candidates must meet and follow all requirements set forth in the SAFE Act, including, but not limited to successful completion of the required background checks and acquiring a Unique Identifier from the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
- 1 year cash handling experience preferred
Hours and Work Schedule
- Hours per Week: 40
- Work Schedule: Varies with branch needs and may include weekends and evenings
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Citizens we value diversity, equity and inclusion, and treat everyone with respect and professionalism. Employment decisions are based solely on experience, performance, and ability. Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies (Citizens) provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability, perceived disability or history or record of a disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
- Audit Manager Johnston, Rhode Island; Iselin, New Jersey; Westwood, Massachusetts Johnston, Rhode Island, Iselin, New Jersey, Westwood, Massachusetts
- Capital Management Manager Boston, Massachusetts; Providence, Rhode Island; Westwood, Massachusetts Boston, Massachusetts, Providence, Rhode Island, Westwood, Massachusetts
- Senior Data Scientist Columbus, Ohio; Johnston, Rhode Island; Westwood, Massachusetts Columbus, Ohio, Johnston, Rhode Island, Westwood, Massachusetts