Sr Credit Risk ManagerLocation Bridgeport, Connecticut Job ID/ Req. Number195101 Category Management Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
The Senior Credit Risk Manager for Unsecured Lending will be focused in supporting a new lending unit created in Citizens Bank with focus in the installment lending space. These activities include new deal pricing, expert model development and development of vintage level estimates to support expansion in new lending segments. The Sr. Credit Risk Manager will build a strong foundation for our non-modeled portfolios; own vintage loss forecasting for deal pricing with our retail partners and manage the performance tracking of vintage loss targets. This role will also be responsible to developing repeatable and reliable vintage loss tracking for our consumer unsecured lending portfolios that can support multiple outcomes including new deal pricing, credit loss forecast and stress testing. This position reports to the head of Credit Risk for Merchant Lending. The position requires an individual to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills to establish credibility and build strong relationships with business partners in working on cross-functional projects ensuring that strategic policies are managed in accordance with established risk appetite and business metrics. Critical ingredients for success lie in the candidate’s ability to demonstrate a track record of ownership, exhibit a high degree of intellectual curiosity and a results-driven attitude to identify and deliver enhancements that lead to portfolio growth and profitability.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Exercise strategic vision to identify and drive process optimization efforts
- Responsible for redeveloping and optimizing our Asset Quality reporting framework
- Independently generate analysis using quantitative and statistical skills
- Analyze and interpret large and complex data to identify issues, trends, and make strategic recommendations to both credit risk and business partners
- Own and manage the monitoring of existing processes to identify improvements that contribute to a more effective and efficient operating environment
- Facilitate meetings, assign and/or produce action items, work with external vendors, and prioritize assignments to ensure timely completion of projects and deliverables
- Must to be willing to code and proof-read scripts in SAS, SQL, MatLab or have advance Excel programming experience.
- 3+ years of credit portfolio risk management in a large financial institution or regional bank environment
- 3+ years of quantitative analysis required, with ability to manipulate and analyze large amounts of data
- Ability to develop quantitative measurements/analysis to address multi-dimensional business needs
- Experience in validating and implementing credit risk models and strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that enable the candidate to build support from peers and senior management
- Excellent inter-personal skills to ensure effective working relationships with other functional teams within the company
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative discipline (Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, etc.) required
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Scheduled: M-F 8-5
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.