Small Business Relationship BankerBraintree, Massachusetts
Leveraging business acumen, our Small Business Relationship Bankers work closely with both personal and small business customers to fully understand and support their financial needs. You will develop and strengthen relationships to recommend appropriate financial products and services that add real value for the customer, in addition to helping businesses thrive. As part of a branch-based team, you will identify new opportunities to enhance small business goals, particularly with business up to $500K in annual sales, and partner closely with the Business Banking team. The Small Business Relationship Banker is an exciting opportunity to grow customer service and business development skills within a financial environment. Our team-oriented culture will empower you to accelerate your potential and grow a successful banking career.
- Job type: Full-Time / Part Time
- Level: Early Career
- Travel: No
In order to succeed as a Small Business Relationship Banker and grow your career within Citizens Bank, you'll need to excel within the following criteria:
- Clear communicator 8
- Influential 7
- Inquisitive 6
- Customer focused 10
- Responsible 7
- Relationship builder 9
A market manager who leverages Citizens full-service banking to help business clients succeed.Learn More
Why work for us?
Each day we collaborate to provide solutions for our customers to strengthen their financial futures. We take pride in helping people and pitch-in to support our colleagues because together, we are stronger.
As part of our customer-centric culture, you're encouraged to take the initiative in helping our customers reach their full potential. As a colleague, you are empowered to continually develop your skill set, embrace new opportunities and maximize your impact.
We are citizens helping citizens. It's why we come to work each day. You'll discover opportunities to actively give back, volunteer and improve the communities we serve each day.
We offer you a variety of career paths and work schedules in this role to support your lifestyle. You'll have options for where you want to take your career as well as when you work.
We provide comprehensive medical, dental, vision and pharmacy coverage in addition to generous paid time off (including 10 paid bank holidays).
In addition to a competitive rate of pay you'll have the opportunity to participate in a generous 401K plan and an employee stock purchase program, as well as several discounts on banking services offered by Citizens Bank. We also offer performance-based incentive programs and exceptional colleague awards.
- Work closely with new and existing small business and retail customers to understand their financial needs; forging trustful relationships
- Provide recommendations and assist small business customers with a wide-array of financial solutions to satisfy their spending, saving and borrowing needs
- Leverage problem-solving and strong communication skills to resolve customer issues
- Collaborate with branch colleagues and partner with the Business Banking team to support and refer small business customers with more complex financial needs
- Ensure compliance with all financial policies, procedures and regulatory requirements
- Achieve outstanding performance by providing superior relationship banking and customer service
- Present a professional, friendly and helpful appearance with every interaction as the face of Citizens Bank
- Career growth opportunities in Retail, Business Banking or Wealth Management, including, but not limited to, Licensed Relationship Banker, Branch Manager and Business Relationship Manager based on success in this front-line role
- Strong recognition and incentive programs based on your achievements
- Training, strategies and tools to support your personal growth and the development of strong customer relationships
- Collaborative workforce committed to supporting your ideas and feedback and accelerating your potential
- Team atmosphere of diverse professionals committed to making an impact as an organization
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to our local communities
- Exceptional benefits such as Medical & Dental, along with a 401K with corporate match
- High School degree or GED required
- Proven sales and customer service experience; business and financial acumen
- Minimum of 2 years of sales and customer service experience, preferably working with business clients
- Strong listening and customer service skills; skilled in making outbound calls
- Ability to effectively engage with customers and identify needs to enhance the small business customer relationship
- Ability to problem solve and provide solutions to business customer issues
- Desire to build strong relationships with teammates, business partners and specialists through collaboration
- Self-motivated, confident and the ability to multitask effectively
- Willingness to work branch hours, which can include weekends and evenings
- Experience in retail, hospitality or banking industry is highly desired
- If selected, candidates must meet and comply with all requirements set forth in the SAFE Act, including, but not limited to successful completion of the required background checks and obtaining a Unique Identifier from the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.
Learn more about this location.View Location