VP - Valuation Control Group Analyst
Boston, Massachusetts; Charlotte, North Carolina
The VP - Valuation Control will report to the head of Valuation Control Group that is a key part of the Citizens financial risk management program. The incumbent will play a critical role and have several key responsibilities in supporting Valuation across the residential mortgage, securities and related derivatives markets. This role in Valuation Control is a newly created position. It represents a ground floor opportunity to assist in the build out of the group in a growth environment with responsibility for all of fair value positions within the enterprise.
- Execute a price verification/benchmark process including the calculation of fair value adjustments with a focus on residential mortgages, agency securities, and related derivatives transactions
- Work with Trading, Middle Office, Finance and Model Risk to continually monitor the various valuation risks of the business and implement appropriate adjustments.
- Perform analysis of Markets, P&L, & Risk daily with understanding of the factors that drive the valuation risk.
- Enhance existing control framework including reviewing independent pricing processes, assessing potential coverage developments, and implementing new tools to enhance control efficiency
- Possess a minimum 3 years’ experience in product/valuation control with specific knowledge of bonds, loans and residential mortgage market (rate lock, mortgage, mortgage servicing rights). The candidate will also have support coverage for derivatives positions across the enterprise
- Demonstrated knowledge of option pricing and risk sensitivities
- Previous mathematical modeling experience (Monte Carlo)
- Ability to understand complex products, and analyze transaction and process flows
- Analytical and quantitative aptitude and ability to explain complex concepts
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills with experience in Visual Basic, automation and database skills required.
- Propensity to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently.
- Bachelors Degree required in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or related field.
- Masters Degree is a plus
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Citizens we value diversity, equity and inclusion, and treat everyone with respect and professionalism. Employment decisions are based solely on experience, performance, and ability. Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies (Citizens) provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability, perceived disability or history or record of a disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Awards We've Received
FORTUNE’s World’s Most Admired Companies
Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index 100 Award
Military Friendly® Employer
Age-Friendly Institute's Certified Age-Friendly Employer
Bloomberg Gender Equality Index, Standout
Dave Thomas Foundation’s Best Adoption-Friendly Workplace
Top Regional Company for Diversity
Forbes America's Best Large Employers
National Organization on Disability's Leading Disability Employer