Treasury ManagerBoston, Massachusetts
The Treasury Balance Sheet Optimization (BSO) Manager will take a lead role in the development and coordination of a multi-disciplinary program to improve the performance of the balance sheet. The BSO program aims to enhance the effectiveness of enterprise decision-making to improve risk-adjusted return, close our net interest margin (NIM) gaps to peers, and maintain sufficient balance sheet growth to ensure positive operating leverage.
Due to the highly cross-functional nature of the BSO program, the Treasury BSO Manager will execute responsibilities through a strong partnership with key stakeholders in Treasury, Corporate Strategy, the Consumer and Commercial lines of business, and business line Finance teams.Responsibilities:
- Structure enterprise-level strategic analyses across lines of business, products, sectors, and funding categories, spotlighting opportunities, constraints, risks, trade-offs, and marginal financial impacts, e.g., alternative targeted balance sheets reflecting realistic costs/implications of shifts in product and funding mix
- Lead development of targeted analyses of BS optimization opportunities, such as new products, asset sales, or securitizations, in addition to assessments of BS impacts under alternative macroeconomic and business scenarios
- Work with lines of business to influence improvements in data and performance analytics across all balance sheet categories, targeting consistent, holistic measurement of profitability, NIM and return on capital metrics to steer effective enterprise decision-making
- Support the coordination and presentation development for a dedicated BSO executive steering committee, including setting agendas and developing presentations describing enterprise-level strategic analyses and performance analytics
- Coordinate with key stakeholders on the annual strategic plan to ensure consistency between short, medium and long term BS goals and the broader strategy
- Drive enhancement in the methodologies for quantifying the financial results and impacts from BSO-related actions, at the top of the house and on an individual BSO initiative level
- 7-10 years’ experience in a bank or related financial services firm, preferably with treasury experience in balance sheet strategy, asset liability management, and/or managing capital allocation and resourcing decisions’
- Strong communication and collaboration skills needed to engage business, Finance, and Strategy teams
- Independent, strategic thinker, with a strong orientation towards change
- Problem solver with versatile analytical skill set, attention to detail, and ability to navigate complexity
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- MBA or CFA preferred
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40 Hours
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.