Sr Data Scientist
Req. Number: 225647
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
The successful candidate will join the Parameter Model Development Team. This team is responsible for building wholesale PD and LGD models. It also provides tools to make credit decisions more efficient and accurate. The candidate should have a strong understanding of financial ratios, credit spreads and basic accounting, as well as operating with large data. The candidate should also have a good writing and communication skills to explain models to the business users.
- Analyze credit risk models, correlations, concentrations, rating migrations, and risk contributions
- Support the development of sector/industry risk assessment methodologies and quantitative measurement techniques for credit risk exposures and structured products
- Participate in development and execution of credit risk methodologies for the Bank’s commercial portfolio
- Work with business line partners in embedding and socializing these models and support them with on-going requests
- Work with the quant team in the group to provide feedback on model development based on changes to portfolio both related to policy and performance
- Maintain large data sets using advance statistical/modeling tools and willing to pull datasets directly from source systems
- Work with appropriate parties to resolve or remediate data quality issues
- Maintain, review, and adhere to organization’s credit policy; verifying the integrity of the underlying data; constant monitoring and validation of the underlying theories and methodologies
- Prepare ad-hoc risk quantification projects at the request of management
- Participate in peer review sessions and maintain awareness of new advances in credit risk modeling techniques to ensure the application of best practices to Citizens Bank credit risk models
- Assure quality and leading-edge nature of work by helping to solve problems faced by others
- 3-5 years of experience in financial industry
- Basic understanding of commercial banking and lending products
- Basic understanding of Accounting and Financial ratios
- Prior experience in credit risk modeling in retail and/or wholesale portfolios
- Understanding of compliance and implications of Basel, FDIC, Federal Reserve regulatory frameworks as well as U.S. and International accounting standards
- Knowledge of statistical software packages; previous experience in data mining, demonstrated experience / expertise in problem solving
- Extensive understanding of relational databases and ability to effectively utilize statistical software – SAS, Stata, or Python
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics and/or Statistics
- Master’s/PhD degree preferred
Hours and Work Schedule: 3 days in the office, 2 remote
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.