Sr. Credit Risk - Citizens Pay
Boston, Massachusetts; North Carolina; Rhode Island; Massachusetts; Remote
Job ID: 26752
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Citizens Bank is look for highly quantitative, results oriented individual to mine data and seek actionable insights, optimize processes, and drive strategic decisions. The Senior Credit Risk Manager for Citizens PAy will primarily focus on new deal pricing, proactive portfolio risk management and development of vintage level estimates to support expansion in new lending segments. The role will help build a strong foundation for our non-modeled portfolios; own vintage loss forecasting for deal pricing with our retail partners and manage the performance tracking of vintage loss targets. This role will also be responsible to developing repeatable and reliable vintage loss tracking for our consumer unsecured lending portfolios that can support multiple outcomes including new deal pricing, credit loss forecast and stress testing. The position requires an individual to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills to establish credibility and build strong relationships with business partners in working on cross-functional projects ensuring that strategic policies are managed in accordance with established risk appetite and business metrics. Critical ingredients for success lie in the candidate’s ability to demonstrate a track record of ownership, exhibit a high degree of intellectual curiosity and a results-driven attitude to identify and deliver enhancements that lead to portfolio growth and profitability.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Exercise strategic vision to identify and drive process optimization efforts.
- Responsible for redeveloping and optimizing our Asset Quality reporting framework.
- Independently generate analysis using quantitative and statistical skills
- Analyze and interpret large and complex data to identify issues, trends, and make strategic recommendations to both credit risk and business partners.
- Own and manage the monitoring of existing processes to identify improvements that contribute to a more effective and efficient operating environment.
- 4+ years of credit portfolio risk management in a large financial institution or regional bank
- 4+ years of quantitative analysis required, with ability to manipulate and analyze large amounts of data.
- Ability to develop quantitative measurements/analysis to address multi-dimensional business needs.
- Experience in validating and implementing credit risk models and strategies.
- Proven hands-on experience utilizing SAS as well as open-source tools such as R and Python
- Experience with data visualization such as Tableau
- Ability to perform ad-hoc analysis, glean and form insights under aggressive timelines.
- Ability to manage complex/ambiguity and multiple initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that enable the candidate to build support from peers and senior management.
- Excellent inter-personal skills to ensure effective working relationships with other functional teams within the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Economics, Finance)
- Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Economics) Preferred
Hours and Work Schedule. Remote
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Citizens we value diversity, equity and inclusion, and treat everyone with respect and professionalism. Employment decisions are based solely on experience, performance, and ability. Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies (Citizens) provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability, perceived disability or history or record of a disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
- Audit Manager Johnston, Rhode Island; Iselin, New Jersey; Westwood, Massachusetts Johnston, Rhode Island, Iselin, New Jersey, Westwood, Massachusetts
- Capital Management Manager Boston, Massachusetts; Providence, Rhode Island; Westwood, Massachusetts Boston, Massachusetts, Providence, Rhode Island, Westwood, Massachusetts
- Senior Data Scientist Columbus, Ohio; Johnston, Rhode Island; Westwood, Massachusetts Columbus, Ohio, Johnston, Rhode Island, Westwood, Massachusetts