Middle Market Corp Banking Relationship Manager - Not For ProfitLocation Boston, Massachusetts Req. Number197220 Category Commercial Banking, Management, Lending, Business Banking, Consumer Banking Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
The Relationship Manager is the central contact person for credit-based commercial clients; he/she quarterbacks the delivery and maintenance of a wide array of diverse commercial banking products and services through cross-sell partners and acts as a trusted advisor to the client’s executive management team. The trusted advisor role revolves around relationship building, idea generation, strategic business discussions, risk management, credit structuring, industry observations, and other matters of elevated importance.
The Relationship Manager will:
- Manage a portfolio of commercial credit and non-credit relationships of varying size and complexity
- Is responsible for active market coverage of prospective clients to achieve new client acquisition goals to generate new and incremental margin and fee-based revenue from both credit and non-credit ancillary product sales, including capital markets products and services offered by the Bank
- Within the Middle Market team, the Relationship Manager will focus on companies with annual revenue between $100-500 million and will typically be responsible for managing 20-25 credit-based relationships with average total loan portfolio outstandings of approximately $500 million plus other non-credit relationships, and generating annual incremental fee income of at $500,000 per year.
- Must be highly experienced in commercial credit matters, able to read, interpret, and understand financial statements and credit issues quickly, and capable of strategic thinking to add value to a diverse set of companies within the portfolio
- Will need to be able to both delegate and work closely and effectively with the Portfolio Management team to proactively serve the needs of the clients, while expanding the relationships and growing the overall portfolio
- Possess a minimum of 10 years of relevant commercial banking industry experience
- Exhibit a history of competency and success in soliciting, selling, developing, servicing, and structuring a wide range of secured and unsecured commercial financings, including complex transactions.
- Manage difficult and sensitive commercial client relationships and capable of handling tough negotiations, both to win the deal and to legally document the transaction.
- Should be an Independent thinker and self-starter with strong sales skills and excellent credit skills.
- Highly skilled in financial modeling of commercial credits and able to appropriately structure credit in a modeling environment.
- Have the ability to independently assess business risk, taking into consideration capital structures and industry nuances as applicable.
- Capable of actively planning, organizing and managing a deal team, consisting of applicable product partners, to determine value-added approaches to clients and potential clients.
- Will require highly developed communication skills and the ability to influence others by persuasively presenting thoughts and ideas to gain commitment and agreement for proposed ideas and solutions.
- Must be enthusiastic, resilient, and energetic.
Bachelor’s degree is required
Masters Degree strongly preferred
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week:40
Work Schedule: M-F 8 am - 5 pm
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.