Franchise Finance Portfolio Manager IILocation Boston, Massachusetts Job ID/ Req. Number191453 Category Commercial Banking Full/Part Time F Regular/Temporary 1st Shift
The Portfolio Manager II is responsible for:
- Effective credit underwriting, credit and risk administration with particular emphasis on adherence to credit policy and requirements, financial analysis/modeling, risk evaluation, ongoing portfolio maintenance activities, and as needed client support for an assigned portfolio of existing restaurant finance credits.
- Ensuring overall portfolio performance and asset quality remains strong and is able to independently assess, and, jointly with Relationship Managers, develop strategies and actions to resolve issues that could increase risk and/or create loss for the Bank.
- Independently interacting with senior management of customers and prospects in order to discuss and resolve risk related issues, develop and deliver presentations to senior management and at credit review and approval meetings, exhibits skill at negotiation and the development of loan structuring options, engages with Syndications on multi-bank transactions and is skilled in the area of large exposures and complex credit situations.
- Managing a portfolio of the most complex credits and will perform the functions of the position with only periodic oversight and is expected to perform with very limited supervisory intervention.
- Assures compliance with Citizens Bank commercial credit policy. Prepares underwriting documents for new credit transactions and gains approval, in concert with Relationship Management. Specific tasks may include: Post Closing Audit for new loans, renewals, and modifications, running financial models using a variety of formats/systems, preparing annual reviews, renewal requests, reviewing Borrowing Base Certificates and surfacing liquidity concerns, preparation of CPS and appendices, Sponsor/Guarantor analyses, completion of regular compliance checks. PM TL, negotiates loan documents, prepares and reviews financial models for accuracy, is skilled at addressing Past Due situations and has extensive knowledge of credit policies and in particular Can complete the most complex underwriting documents with minimal involvement from the RM or application of the policies to a variety of situations.
- Oversees assigned portfolio of credits and anticipates portfolio problems and takes action to develop solutions, handles multiple demands and competing priorities meets deadlines and schedules associated with maintaining portfolio compliance with credit and risk policies.
- Actively and effectively manages assigned portfolio including, but not limited to: tracking of delinquency, exceptions, matured loans, collateral monitoring, financial statement receipt and analysis, covenant compliance monitoring, annual review process, proper completion and validation of credit grading models, quarterly/monthly monitoring requirements, and needed modifications.
- Provides feedback, direction and oversight by reviewing the work done by credit analysts or junior PMs who are supporting a senior level PM with the tasks noted above as part of Portfolio Management & Oversight.
- Manages a portfolio of the most complex credits, with complex organization structures, documentation and/or collateral structures. May be responsible for the largest exposures within a particular area of commercial or within a complicated/specialized industry.
- Provides client management support for assigned portfolio. Regular level of direct client interaction and can resolve the most complex issues related to credit monitoring and administration with client directly.
- Understands and stays abreast of industry information related to the customer segment and/or industries represented within the assigned portfolio. Shares insights and learnings with other RMs and PMs.
- Develops and presents credits during reviews and approval meetings, engages with Syndications on multi-bank transactions, and prepares pitch books for new client acquisition.
- Exhibits comprehensive written and verbal communication skills. May review work of other portfolio managers or credit analysts who may perform financial analysis or modeling (in support of a senior level PM) for completeness and accuracy. Regularly acts as a coach and mentor for junior level PMs and credit analysts.
- BA degree and/or Masters Degree preferred in Business administration, finance, accounting and/or economics preferred.
- Equivalent work experience may be considered as an alternative to formal degree program completion.
- 6 to 10 years of experience and exhibited competency in financial analysis and credit structuring, understanding and applying credit policy, and credit monitoring and risk administration practices.
- Knowledge of the restaurant industry is strongly preferred.
- Experience in working with restaurant and franchise customers is preferred.
- Candidate is expected to have highly advanced level of credit experience, documentation experience in proposing and negotiating, both internally and externally, credit and covenant structures and documenting loans.
- Must demonstrate superior practical and conceptual knowledge of credit and risk analysis.
- Highly skilled in financial modeling and able to quickly structure credit in modeling environment. Able to advise RMs on how to structure the credit relationship.
- Exhibits competency at independently reaching conclusions and forms clear view of credit structure and business risk to Bank. Has deep understanding of industry nuances applicable to the credits contained within assigned portfolio. Displays deep understanding of capital structures.
- Possesses in depth knowledge of loan and related legal documents. Actively participates in group meetings with customers up to the most senior level, RMs, Team Leaders and credit and product partners.
- Highly developed communication skills; and ability to influences others by persuasively presenting thoughts and ideas to gain commitment and agreement for proposed ideas and solutions.
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.